The Blame Game

Thanks to the iPlayer, we in Britain get to see this popular Northern Ireland panel show for the first time (it's basically their HIGNFY)... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dl9kz/

Sadly I wasn't too impressed. The material they use is about three weeks out-of-date.

Its crap, avoid at all costs.

Shouldn't Nothern Ireland stuff be lumped in with British comedy? It's certainly part of the UK no matter how much we might like to get shot of them.

Nice use of the word 'shot' there.

Actually you guys haven't been causing us too much trouble lately. Keep it up. :)

1.Irish
2.Islam

Who's next on 'Lets bomb London'?

3. Inuit

Quote: chipolata @ September 24 2008, 11:37 AM BST

Shouldn't Nothern Ireland stuff be lumped in with British comedy? It's certainly part of the UK no matter how much we might like to get shot of them.

But the UK isn't Britain.

Debate is whether the "British" should be in reference to Great Britain, or the British Isles.

Quote: Aaron @ September 24 2008, 1:24 PM BST

But the UK isn't Britain.

Debate is whether the "British" should be in reference to Great Britain, or the British Isles.

Yeah, I know. And I'm saying Northern Ireland feels British, or at least as much as Wales and Scotland. If we had this site five or ten years ago, I feel sure that the Patrick Keilty chatshow would have been discussed in Other British Comedy.

If you're talking about Patrick Kielty Almost Live, then it may very well have been. But as it was a BBC programme shown through the WHOLE of the UK, it would have held a greater claim to warrant being so.

Quote: chipolata @ September 24 2008, 11:37 AM BST

It's a good point... but having thought carefully about it, NI comedy definitely isn't the same as British comedy (plus as Aaron says, technically the UK is not the same as Britain). This is backed up by The Blame Game actually - you'll note how they talk about 'the Brits' in a way that doesn't include themselves.

The friendliest people I've ever come across are the people of Northern Ireland. I went over there to DJ, in 2000, and everyone, from the taxi drivers, to the ticket collectors on the trains, treated me like I was Royalty (unless of course, they were all Catholic, in which case they treated me like I most definately WASN'T Royalty).

Quote: catskillz @ September 25 2008, 3:06 PM BST

The friendliest people I've ever come across are the people of Northern Ireland. I went over there to DJ, in 2000, and everyone, from the taxi drivers, to the ticket collectors on the trains, treated me like I was Royalty (unless of course, they were all Catholic, in which case they treated me like I most definately WASN'T Royalty).

I did hear of one gunman who smiled at his victims before he shot them and he even had the manners to say 'goodbye'.

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ September 25 2008, 3:40 PM BST

I did hear of one gunman who smiled at his victims before he shot them and he even had the manners to say 'goodbye'.

Where are all the gunman nowadays?

Since the Governments released them all, they're mixing amongst decent, honest folk.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2008, 4:28 PM BST

they're mixing amongst decent, honest folk.

So they've all left Northern Ireland, then? ;)