10,000 Posts

Sadly the magic moment passed without me being there to witness it but at some point during the afternoon we passed 10,000 posts milestone! I'd just like to thank everyone who's contributed to the discussions so far... thanks so much for taking part!

Thanks also must go to the moderators for keeping an eye on things and checking we don't get another 'chipndale' incident (for those not aware he was one very annoying member... now banned), cheers guys.

Anyway, here's to the next 10000 posts!

Top 10 Posters

Just out of interest here's a list of the members who have a post count of over 200 at the time of submitting this. This isn't meant to spark a 'who can post the most' competition, alright? :P We don't want any 'just a smiley responses' sneakily cropping up in an attempt to shoot to the top!

If you're not on the list, don't worry - you're still a very much valued member - you must post quality not quantity! ;)

Aaron: 1210
SlagA: 429
Baumski: 343
swerytd: 291
Mark: 283
Blenkinsop: 271
lewisroberts: 261
Wheeler: 260
Ginger Jesus: 255
paul watson: 243
zooo: 232
Matthew Stott: 230
charley rance: 213
Scott T: 201

p.s. Yeah, Aaron really has posted that many times!

Yay. I win. \o/

;)

Only 9993 were any good the rest were rubbish. :D

No seriously, well done guys it’s a great place to hang out. :)

just out of curiosity, when was this great site set up, i looked at Aarons profile and it says member since april 2006, is it quite a new site, i've been here for about seven months now, and i have enjoyed it, well done

Yeah this is a great site can't sing its prasies enough... You never know Aaron, Mark you might have a successful sketch show to your name one day :D

And I post way to much

Quote: lewisroberts @ February 28, 2007, 12:26 PM

just out of curiosity, when was this great site set up, i looked at Aarons profile and it says member since april 2006, is it quite a new site, i've been here for about seven months now, and i have enjoyed it, well done

July actually, but yes. We launched the message board on August 18th. So we're just over 6 months old.

Quote: Mark @ February 28, 2007, 12:41 AM

Thanks also must go to the moderators for keeping an eye on things and checking we don't get another 'chipndale' incident

Pray tell us more of the 'Chipandale incident' of which you speak and whose name we dare not mention.

Posting crap in every thread, making numerous identical, unrelated, immature threads in every forum, etc etc. Generally being a right pain in the arse.

This chipandale seemed like quite a chap indeed.

Aaron wheeler and I all have chipandale quotes in our signitures. He was the weirdest troll on the internet but what one-liners. In some ways, it was relief that he went, but there was a fair groundswell for keeping him as he was ... er ... unique, is the politest way i can describe him.

Wahay! Fourth at something!

:)

This is by far the best place on the web. Thanks to everyone who's contributed to it and for making it a brill place to visit.

In particular thanks to everyone who's been candid with my futile attempts at 'comedy' writing. It is much appreciated and thanks for reading.

Dan

PS Gonna get you, Baumski ;)

Curses I failed to make it onto the leader board....

It's Very cool place to be. I have returned after a very busy 2 weeks and havent had chance to visit and there are loads of things for me to comment on huzzah!!

As for not making it in the top ten. Next time Gadget Next Time!

So let us celebrate the one we call 'Chipandale' by way of a tribute. I propose the BSG best signature of the year award!

haha I wonder what our *friend* would say to that

Any news on the person who actually posted the 10,000th one. Is there a prize of a Caribbean Cruise or is it a candle-lit dinner for two with our numero uno poster Mr Aaron! (no offence Aaron but If I am the lucky winner I might just give my prize over to the lovely Charley if it is indeed the latter - although it should be a laugh right enough!!).
Well done also to Mr Slaggy (always the bridesmaid eh?).
And also to Scott T who just scraped onto the leaderboard with 201. I think this one is my 111th - so a wee bit to go for me but I'm catching up (all of my posts being full of excellent material and information of course - no 'filler' posts from me - cough).
All in all, since joining I've found this a really great place to meet and swap (or should that be steal) ideas with others. And a final brown-nosed thanks to those that do oversee this forum - good job guys.