Bill Bailey leaves Buzzcocks Page 4

Quote: zooo @ September 19 2008, 10:17 PM BST

I'll take the cuddly Jew, you take the balding whippet.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Finck @ September 19 2008, 10:22 PM BST

At least 20 little BSGer hearts just made a happy jump.

I'm surprised that you think there are as many as 20 funny people here.

Quote: Aaron @ September 19 2008, 10:42 PM BST

I'm surprised that you think there are as many as 20 funny people here.

Maybe, but they only have to *think* they're funny (and odd looking) to show that reaction to Julia's statement.

Quote: Finck @ September 19 2008, 10:44 PM BST

Maybe, but they only have to *think* they're funny (and odd looking) to show that reaction to Julia's statement.

Ah. Well I would have that that those who consider themselves to be humourous, also consider themselves to be devilishly handsome. Which almost certainly isn't the case.

Quote: JuliaC @ September 19 2008, 9:24 PM BST

You don't see enough of Frank anymore, in my opinion.

Sharpest comic the UK has ever produced in my eyes. I'll watch when he's on it.

I'll take Frank-ie Howerd instead, thanks.

Well, alive. Obviously.

Frank-ie Boyle for me!

I think Julian Barret might make a good permanent Buzzcocks captain. He's obviously a music nerd, and, of course, he has the right type of imagination, to come up with funny answers off the cuff.

I don't think he feels very comfortable being himself on camera though. Maybe if he did it as Howard!

Bill Bailey was at his best on the show when Lamarr was still there and they would have arguments and fights over Bill constantly saying weird things in next lines round.

Don't make Mark Ronson a guest captain. We don't want the theme tune to be full of fecking trumpets.

Bill Bailey is awesome. Maybe this means he'll go and try something new. Like another sitcom or something. I would love to see him do a solid sitcom again.
I wish we got this show in Canada. I've seen a lot of episodes online and they are very funny.

As long as he's not leaving QI as well... Teary

Quote: Spagett @ September 20 2008, 5:13 PM BST

Bill Bailey was at his best on the show when Lamarr was still there and they would have arguments and fights over Bill constantly saying weird things in next lines round.

Don't make Mark Ronson a guest captain. We don't want the theme tune to be full of fecking trumpets.

Trumpets are great, as long as they're used in the right way. If you're into guitar music, or other mainstream stuff, it's no wonder that you don't like them, as there's no real place for them in those styles of music. If you listen to Funk, like James Brown, or Hip hop (early '90s stuff is best), trumpets are used in a different, more aggressive way.

Quote: catskillz @ September 21 2008, 2:56 AM BST

Trumpets are great, as long as they're used in the right way. If you're into guitar music, or other mainstream stuff, it's no wonder that you don't like them, as there's no real place for them in those styles of music. If you listen to Funk, like James Brown, or Hip hop (early '90s stuff is best), trumpets are used in a different, more agressive way.

Yeah fair enough, I have no problems with Trumpets. It's just he added trumpets to covers of songs and gets labelled a genius.

I think Mark Watson would make quite a good team captain

Bill Bailey is fantastic!