Bill Bailey leaves Buzzcocks

Bill Bailey is leaving Never Mind the Buzzcocks. He is to be replaced with a series of guest captains, the first being music producer Mark Ronson. Other people to be guest captains will be Frank Skinner, Dermot O'Leary, Jack Dee, Johnny Vegas and Bob Mortimer.

Story from The Guardian

Booo. :(

But Bob Mortimer, Yay!

Nooooooooooooooo! I LOVE Bill! Teary

No offence but WHY CAN'T PHILL LEAVE!!!?

Oh for f**ks sake. Not more flipping guest captains.

And people say that Mock The Week is a tired show...

Quote: zooo @ September 18 2008, 5:33 PM BST

No offence but WHY CAN'T PHILL LEAVE!!!?

Seconded. He's (Bailey) the best thing about the show.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 18 2008, 5:48 PM BST

Seconded. He's (Bailey) the best thing about the show.

F**king loved watching a bit of Bailey. :(

Thought Bill had become a little sidelined by the arrival of Amstell, to be honest. The editors seem to want to show more of him than of Bill. I'm sure won't be away from our screens for long. (In fact, I have a little insider knowledge that he may well want to do a sitcom next.)

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 18 2008, 5:54 PM BST

(In fact, I have a little insider knowledge that he may well want to do a sitcom next.)

You've just made my little heart go yipeeeee!

Oh yeah!
I vote a hippie taxidermist.

For those interested, the new series of Buzzcocks starts on 2nd October.

In fact, between ourselves, someone asked me to come up with a premise that would suit him. Won't say what it was, but they liked the idea.

Start it with him *literally* walking off the Buzzcocks set. Like Adaptation.

Dan

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 18 2008, 5:54 PM BST

Thought Bill had become a little sidelined by the arrival of Amstell

Totally agree with you, he doesn't seem to play up with the jokes or anything anymore.. let's see who they get as a permanent replacement!
:)

He did seem pretty bored at times during the last series, not unlike Hugh Dennis on Mock The Week nowadays.