Friday Night with JR Page 2

Yeah, I'm guessing the him on his radio show is a bit more the real him.

I personally think Jonathan Ross is great.

Sure the show is more about him than the guests most of the time but they keep coming back for more so they must enjoy themselves I guess.

I think Ross is just one of these people, like Margaret Thatcher or Boris Johnson, who polarises people.

Well I love the latter two, but am fairly nonplussed by the former.

Quote: Aaron @ September 4 2008, 2:13 PM BST

Well I love the latter two, but am fairly nonplussed by the former.

What presenters do you like watching?

Kelly Brook's on Wossie this Friday. Second best looking woman in Moving Wallpaper.

Quote: chipolata @ September 4 2008, 4:08 PM BST

What presenters do you like watching?

Do you have a favourite presenter?

Quote: zooo @ September 3 2008, 11:41 PM BST

Yeah, I'm guessing the him on his radio show is a bit more the real him.

I saw the the REAL Jonathan Ross once. He was in a restaurant in Chinatown with his wife. My friends and I started shouting through the glass and waving at him. His response was to look at us in disgust and give a weak wave. The nerve of the man. Funnily enough an ex girlfriend of mine did a similar thing to me a few years ago.

I think people dislike JR's chat show because he does the exact same jokes every week.

I like his radio show.

I've had a chat with wossy before and he seemed nice. It was at a comic auction back in the early nineties.

Aw, it was nice of him to wave at you at all!
I like celebs who are massive geeks.

Quote: chipolata @ September 2 2008, 12:05 PM BST

as much as I like Ross, I don't think his TV work is as good as it was in the eighties with The Last Resort.

I have only seen clips of the Last resort but what I have seen was good, particularly when they had Nirvana on and they trashed the set. Cut to: A rather bemused Ross "Nirvana there ladies and gentleman, available for kids parties nationwide"

I used to like 'Friday Night' but it has gone downhill in the last few years in my opinion. I much prefer his radio show

I don't dislike him as a person, I just think he is a talentless arse.

Quote: Aaron @ September 4 2008, 4:49 PM BST

Do you have a favourite presenter?

I tend to prefer American presenters like David Letterman, Jon Stewart, Steve Cobert and Conan O'Brien. Of the Brits, I like Ross (but prefer his radio work) and also like Dara O'Brien, David Mitchell and the runty bloke on Nevermind The Buzzcocks. Oh, and I liked Sean Lock on TV Heaven, Telly Hell.

Do you like any that aren't comedians?
I'm not sure I do...

Oh! Gethin. There, I thought of one.

I think I hate The Mighty Boosh more than ever now.