Friday Night with JR Page 5

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ October 22 2008, 8:18 PM BST

She didn't do well, and that Matt Damon clip isn't funny. Mostly because it's been done before in a film called 'EuroTrip'. So it wasn't even an original idea.

I'm not denying the originality of it. I've got Eurotrip on DVD and am very familiar with the song "Scotty Doesn't Know" as mimed my Matt Damon. Sarah's song definitely mirrors that one, but nonetheless, it's still funny(IMHO).

:( it's gone :(

:( it's gone :(

The Beeb has lost a great talk show host in my opinion. I never quite got the backlash against Ross, whilst Brand seemed to get off Scott free, in fact he revelled in his naughty infamy.

In one breath the media say Ross goes too far with his guests - he's too informal and disrespectful and flirty - and in the next breath they're slagging him off for being an arselicker. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/columnists/kevin-osullivan/2010/07/18/wossy-s-dead-end-115875-22420528/ What the f**k is he supposed to say to Beckham? "You're a good footballer but you're a bit thick and your missus gets on everyone's tits because she does f**k all"? If you want to talk about arselickers, look no further than Wossy's talkshow predecessors like Wogan and Parky. Jesus. The hypocrisy's astounding. Anyway, ITV must be smacking its lips in anticipation of the new show's ratings. Everyone's going to be watching Ross's new show, if only to see what he says next.

I took great delight in goading online Daily Mail readers the other day, reminding the sorry bastards that because of all their whingeing about Ross's smutty personality, they've succeeded in getting rid of him in favour of the infinitely-smuttier Graham Norton who'll be filling his slot. (Oo-er). One stupid old bastard replied saying he'll burn his TV. Good.

And can we PLEASE now put to rest the media bullshit about Ross's supposed 6 million a year BBC wage packet? As far as I'm aware that money actually goes to his production company to create 20-odd episodes of the show, which involves studio rental, star expenses, studio staff, camera operators, audio techs, editing, blah blah blah and all the insanely-expensive stuff you need to produce a top-quality professional product.

But the papers don't want the readers to know that because it's not juicy scandal. And the readers don't want to know that because it's not juicy scandal.

And yet we have footballers on tens of thousands of pounds a week - which at the end of the day is still coming out of the public purse whichever way you look at it - and yet nobody really kicks up a fuss about that. Regardless of their rapey druggy antics.

I might go back to bed, I got up nice and early this morning to do some work but I think I'm still half asleep. I must be, getting upset about this shit.

I've always found Ross' gushing to his guests a little irritating, but what else is he going to do? I guess he could tone it down a bit, but perhaps he's just an enthusiastic man.

Mind you, he wasn't very enthusiastic the time I saw him in Chinatown. He was sat in a restaurant with his family, so my friends and I (we were 16) started shouting "JONATHAN!" and waving at him. I'll never forget the limp wave he gave us. Does he not realise he's public property?

Ross has always been a far better interviewer on the radio. That said, although he can fawn he can also slide in the odd penetrating question. I think the break will do him and us good, but I look forward to his comeback.

He's a great broadcaster & a funny man.
Shame that the TV & Radio shows are finishing, but the TV show may have just abour run it's course.

He's gonna do a similar thing for ITV though isn't he?

Stuffs never as good on ITV though.
The Goodies, Morecambe & Wise etc

Men Behaving Badly.

The ads.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 18 2010, 7:26 PM BST

Stuffs never as good on ITV though.
The Goodies, Morecambe & Wise etc

He'll fit right in. :P