Open All Hours

Having recently worked my way through every Dad's Army and On The Buses, I'm now up to Series Three of OAH.

Watching it now, in full, I have to say that it is even better than I remember!

Pure genius from the writer and the actors, right down to the little bit tonight where G'Granville is daydreaming while Arkwright stirs his tea. He brings him down to Earth by putting the hot teaspoon on the back of his hand.

Written and acted to perfection by all involved. :D

Open All Hours is brilliant. I think Porridge is better, used to hate Porridge when I was young but watched Open All Hours and got into that then watch Porridge again.

The Till is brilliant.

Happy Graham?

Oh, yes. I love Open All Hours.

Oh, I see.

Laughing out loud

Someone told me that the working title for 'Open All Hours' was 'A Whore's Legs'

>_<

I love 'Open All Hours', too. For me, it's among the best work Ronnie Barker and David Jason have ever done.

I like Open All Hours!!

Porridge is even better though.

I love Ronnie Barker lots and lots.

(not so keen on David Jason, but he's fine as Granville.)

Quote: zooo @ September 3 2008, 11:19 PM BST

I like Open All Hours!!

Agree. :)

Quote: zooo @ September 3 2008, 11:19 PM BST

I like Open All Hours!!

(not so keen on David Jason, but he's fine as Granville.)

Agree with all of this.

Just about to watch the last one and I had to pause.

I noticed that Arkwright is wearing a wedding ring. Was this marriage mentioned in the series? If it was I missed it !

Errr

Truly brilliant. Not as good as Porridge but still great. The episode 'The Ginger-Bread Men' will definetly go down as one of the greatest episodes in TV history. What a plot.

Just out of interest Old Rocker, where is Micronesia?

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 12 2008, 11:52 PM BST

Just out of interest Old Rocker, where is Micronesia?

A magical place . . . . .

Halfway between Dudley and Gornal, a little visited spot where blokes wear mufflers and wenches disport freely twixt the cut and the railway sidings.

:P

Granville should have escaped in the last episode like Timothy managed to do in Sorry!. Obvious this is never going to happen though just as it is obvious Arkwright and Nurse Gladys will never get married. In my opinion OAH was s comedy of frustration.

Open All Hours is bloody brilliant. As funny as Porridge and Ronnie Barker and David Jason make it a memorable sitcom. My favourite episode is the ice cream van one but can't remember what that episode is though. They are all good and Yootha Joyce appeared in the pilot.