Very clever. Not funny Page 2

Quote: chipolata @ August 20 2008, 10:55 AM BST

Firstly, on the subject of Joking Apart you're talking out of your arse, Bussell.

A good, well reasoned argument there. Perhaps when your day in court comes you should choose not to represent yourself.

Quote: chipolata @ August 20 2008, 11:05 AM BST

Holde the front page, I agree with you on this Griff.

Me too, actually. Good point, Griff, well made.

chip' in court would be a great sitcom...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ August 20 2008, 11:13 AM BST

Me too, actually. Good point, Griff, well made.

chip' in court would be a great sitcom...

Dan

I nearly ended up there last year for consdpiracy to pervert the course of justice. Who'd have thought the police take all that so seriously?

I predict a thread about to rapidly derail...

Aaron'll do his nut. Especially with the new message at the bottom and all.

Anyway, Absolute Power I found very clever and funny again, but agree with Griff about Rory Bremner. Can't think of any sitcoms that are clever, but not funny. Unless Bo' Selecta is *really* clever on some level. But I doubt it.

Dan

Quote: David Bussell @ August 20 2008, 11:18 AM BST

I predict a thread about to rapidly derail...

We'll probably be okay. It's not like there's going to be a sitcom called Very Clever. Not Funny. The critics would be wetting their kecks with glee.

<tears up first draft of Very Clever. Not Funny., a sitcom starring Leigh Francis as a purveyor of Encyclopaedias to the world's greatest scientists>

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ August 20 2008, 11:29 AM BST

Aaron'll do his nut. Especially with the new message at the bottom and all.

Nah, this thread isn't about a particular show, so won't attract the same kind of attention that the new rule is aiming to protect.

Quote: Aaron @ August 20 2008, 12:31 PM BST

Nah, this thread isn't about a particular show, so won't attract the same kind of attention that the new rule is aiming to protect.

Rules are made to be broken...what rule are you talking about?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/8751

Seems a bit stuffy. What's up with leaving everything as it is?

"However, as the site grows and we find ourselves with an increasing number of guests wanting to know about specific programmes - be they other fans, the writers, producers, or anyone else involved."

I've always found Moffat's stuff to be pretty watchable but not funny. I remember watching Joking Apart and Coupling and not laughing. I find the dialogue goes on a bit when what I want is sharp, snappy dialogue.

I'm the same with Curb Your Enthusiasm. Enjoy watching it, the plotting and structure is brilliant, but I wouldn't laugh much at it on the whole. That said, I found the episode with Ben Stiller and the blind man hilarious.

The ultimate clever but not funny would be Shakespeare's comedies.