Friends Page 3

Yes, the Web Standards Group. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 12 2008, 9:37 PM BST

Yes, the Web Standards Group. :)

That sounds scarily officious...

If only it was. My job would be a lot easier.

:(

After an actually horendous period at work I needed a holiday, I was BIG into Friends as this stage and discovered a place online where you could get tickets to see it being filmed. So I applied... smoozed the person who dealt with the tickets and got VIP tickets (all it meant was I was guaranteed a seat and could stay for the entire show. So I walked out at lunchtime and booked up a flight and hotel.

So I found myself seated infront of the set for Central Perk for the filming of The One Where They're Gonna Party!.. can't remember too much about it... but they bought as all Pizza, I got a souvenier keyring (they just threw a load out to the crowd.. and the girl beside me caught it but gave it to me because I was from England). Oh and Lisa Kudrow fluffed her lines at least twice as much as everyone else.

Of course it was the last day of my impromt holiday and I found myself wandering around Burbank for an hour trying to work out how to get back to my hotel before I asked at the gatehouse to the lot, whereby they seemed incredible I managed to survive wandering round like a tourist for an hour in the dark and called me a car to take me to my hotel.

And so ended my LA adventure, needless to say I like friends.. hell I flew to the other side of the world to see it being filmed.

It's a comfort thing for me. I LOVED it when it first started, and it's been on forever, so now I still quite like to have it on in the background.

And it was genuinely very funny sometimes. Had its ups and downs.

Great story Dannyjb.

I once walked out of a job with out socks, but that's another story.

Liza Kudrow was the only real actress in the whole show.

I think Jennifer Aniston has the best comic timing.
Although I don't think you notice it at first.
Because Chandler (real name?) is the most obviously funny one.

Quote: Griff @ August 12 2008, 11:06 PM BST

Wow! That's a great story.

I've only ever been to see one TV show being filmed. But it was A Bit Of Fry And Laurie so I can't complain.

I've also been to see Father Ted and some Jane Horrocks specials and I had tickets (same smooze root) to see Third Rock from the Sun but didn't get up in time to get there as it was a daytime filming.

Recently gone back to Season 1 with Friends and as I'm watching it I'm thinking "How did they manage to come up with another nine seasons of this?"

Hated the flashback shows, but the rest of it absolutely top notch. Characters, plots, joke count, everything.

One of my favourite episodes, that rarely gets a mention, was where Ross had to spend the evening with Phoebe's boyfriend, Mike, and they quickly ran out of conversation. Never fails to make me laugh.

Quote: dannyjb1 @ August 12 2008, 11:16 PM BST

I had tickets (same smooze root) to see Third Rock from the Sun but didn't get up in time to get there as it was a daytime filming.

YOU DICK!

Quote: David H @ August 12 2008, 11:45 PM BST

One of my favourite episodes, that rarely gets a mention, was where Ross had to spend the evening with Phoebe's boyfriend, Mike, and they quickly ran out of conversation. Never fails to make me laugh.

Oh god. It's so real it hurts.
I heart Mike though.

The only thing I like about Friends is her name.

Courtenay Cox.

Do you think she ever has?

Quote: David Chapman @ August 13 2008, 12:40 AM BST

The only thing I like about Friends is her name.

Courtenay Cox.

Do you think she ever has?

If she has her name would have to come with a question mark - Court'ney Cox?

A-hunting we will go...

Quote: Griff @ August 12 2008, 11:10 PM BST

Everyone tells me Lisa Kudrow was brilliant in The Comeback, I really want to watch that sometime.

She was good in the otherwise shite Wonderland too. Without her makeup she old!