Friends Page 11

I seem to remember that Lisa Kudrow would get a lot of the awards for best comedy actress.
But when I watch it I think that Jennifer Aniston is the best Comedy actor in the show.

Yes, Aniston was the funniest.
She has great comedy timing.

Quote: Griff @ July 29 2010, 9:04 PM BST

(Hard to believe that first series is from 16 years ago - it doesn't look THAT dated.)

The clothes, Griffy! The damn clothes!

What I miss about Friends is that it was one of the last big American sitcoms that got shown here on a decent channel and at a decent time. For a while, Channel 4 had all these brilliant American shows like Cheers, Frasier, Friends and even Will and Grace. Nowadays there don't seem to be any equivalent shows. And the great American sitcoms tend to be more niche viewing and locked away on obscure digital channels.

Quote: Ben @ July 29 2010, 9:44 PM BST

The clothes, Griffy! The damn clothes!

Have you seen Griff?

TOAAWP

Is on Comedy Central sandwiched between My 2 C**ts and some other garbage.

Quote: Griff @ July 30 2010, 9:58 AM BST

...I don't even know where you can watch An American Workplace, I watch it on box sets.

Season 4 was on ITV2 a few months back.

Quote: Griff @ July 30 2010, 2:21 PM BST

Ah, good tip, thank you. I should keep an eye on the ITV digi channels, I could have saved myself the cost of the Dollhouse DVD.

Yeah, they don't make a habit of promoting this kind of stuff on the digi channels that much. It was only thanks to my obsessive poring over the Radio Times that I discovered Californication started on Fiver this week.

Interesting interview article, mainly about how 'Friends' came together initially.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 3 2012, 11:10 AM BST

Interesting interview article, mainly about how 'Friends' came together initially.

Hey Matt,

Hope you're well.

Did you mean to include a link here?

Sounds great. Can I have a look when you're done?

There's a missing link somewhere

My money is on Renegade Carpark.

Boy, you guys really need it spoonfed to you, hey? Okay, here you go if you can't be bothered searching the entire internet yourself:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2012/05/friends-oral-history-top-of-the-rock

Great article that. Ta, Matt!

Dan

Does anyone know if Friends is digitally preserved or are they being repeated from original acetate?

i.e. will the f**kin' things ever wear out ?

Angry