Russia's declared war Page 3

What have you got against hooded sweatshirts?

Nothing but my lousy fashion sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEVvEsEbl5I&feature=related

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2008, 6:29 PM BST

Because of Katie Melua!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Bloody Nora.

An interesting observation I just read in a news report:

He also speculated the timing of the attack, hours before the opening ceremony in Beijing, could be a signal from the Georgian government. The Russian resort region of Sochi, just miles from the border of Georgia's other separatist region of Abkhazia, will host the 2014 Winter Games.

"It might be a signal to the Russians saying that the Sochi Olympics will not go the way Russia wants if there is no progress on the settlement in Abkhazia," Popescu said.

Can't see the UK getting involved.

It'll probably end quickly and continue to simmer.

I doubt there will be much outside involvement, but I won't be all that surprised if the U.S. gives Georgia at least a little bit of help (satellite photos, communications intercepts, tactical advice) until it dies down.

Oh look. The UN failed to agree on the wording of a statement calling for ceasefire.

The UN, with Russia on its Security Council. Yes. What a shitting surprise. How utterly flipping useless are they?

Quote: Aaron @ August 9 2008, 9:45 AM BST

How utterly flipping useless are they?

As utterly useless as is possible. A complete waste of time and money about 99.9% of the time.

I suppose it'll be OK as long as Dubya doesn't get it into his brain (??) that Russian tanks are rolling into Atlanta...

...would you put it past him?

I expect he's already had to have it explained to him v-e-ry s-l-ow-l-y a good dozen times.

He's still aksing Gordon why he got fat and started talking funny.

Quote: sootyj @ August 9 2008, 12:47 PM BST

He's still aksing Gordon why he got fat and started talking funny.

And Gordon's still explaining why he's NOT a moron!

It's take a while.

The idea of George Bush as a fan of 80s comic punk stuff, is a very sweet one.

Aaron did you beat 30,000 posts with out a thread on it?