BSG Meetup Page 84

Both are acceptable. :)

Quote: Winterlight @ September 2 2008, 1:33 PM BST

Ok, well I'll stay as a definite then. Didn't Finck say it takes 54 minutes from St Pancras to get there? That shouldn't be so bad.

And back home by bus takes only 47 mins. :)

I'm scared of London bus drivers. They yelled at me last time.

Did they shout something about Poland?

Quote: Finck @ September 2 2008, 1:51 PM BST

And back home by bus takes only 47 mins. :)

I'm scared of London bus drivers. They yelled at me last time.

Being rude is in the job description.

Some of them are alright. And the Tube is open much later these days Finck, so don't worry. :)

SE London Wins!

I should have guessed it would.

Yeah, because unlike the South West, it's actually relatively easily accessible by public transport.

I wasn't asking for it to be my way.

Get over it.

What o'clock commences this jamboree? We gots bid-ness to attend to, but might make a quick visit early on.

From 6pm I believe.

By Friday night would it be possible for Aaron to pin the exact details up on the board where they can be easily found? Cheers. :)

Right. Venue. We're going to be at The Admiral Hardy in Greenwich (uninformative website). The company that owns the place have been juuuust a bit slow, hence my not having said anything. (Of course, saying it now will almost certainly jinx it, knowing my luck.) I need to talk to them again today to confirm the time, but we should be in a private room (with its own entrance onto Greenwich Market), and I'm intending on being there from about 6pm. They close at 1am, so people are welcome to leave whenever they wish.

There are numerous buses which run through the area, with stops just opposite the pub itself. There is also a mainline station about 5 minutes walk away, and the Cutty Sark DLR station is about 1 minute down the road.

I know that some of you will be planning on driving, so I've made sure that there's a large (underground) car park just across the road. Unlike Central London, you'll also find that the roads are free-flowing. And in case anyone's worried, the congestion charge does NOT operate on weekends, and it's outside the zone anyway.

On public transport, things have become a little more complex than when I started planning. The DLR is having 'improvement' works done, so although the station is still fully accessible, the journey may take a bit longer than it usually would. Annoyingly, they've announced that the Jubilee line through Canary Wharf will also be closed for engineering work, so the journey is slightly longer that way too.

To get to Cutty Sark station from Central London, head to Bank-Monument station (Central, Circle, District, Nortern, and Waterloo & City lines). Then catch the DLR towards Canary Wharf, Crossharbour, or Island Gardens (the latter is easiest). Stay on for the length of the ride and change for the next south-bound train where necessary. Cutty Sark station is in both zones 2 and 3. The cheaper ticket will apply, depending on which direction you are coming from.

If people want to be in the area earlier during the day, then there's the Greenwich Wheel, the National Maritime Museum, the Cutty Sark, Greenwich Park and Royal Observatory, and the grounds of the Old Royal Naval College. If anyone wants or needs to meet earlier in the day, either in Central London or Greenwich, I'll be around so let me know.

Thanks Ellie. :)

No probs Tim.

You can find maps (and a more detailed version) here if you scroll down.