BSG Meetup Page 74

Quote: EllieJP @ August 31 2008, 8:50 PM BST

Gav, you have to PM someone (who's playing as such) and tell them which thread they're stuck in. Then on General, general say you've sent the PM.

I done it.

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2008, 1:28 AM BST

Date: Saturday 6th September 2008
Time: Afternoon/evening
Where: London (venue TBC)

Relaxed, informal get-together which anyone is invited to attend. Details will be finalised when I have an idea of the number of attendees. Unlike the previous plan, it will happen even if it just ends up as me and a 3 Piece Variety Meal.

Will this "relaxed informal get-together" close with an orgy?

No. Well it might, but you won't be there.

Quote: Seefacts @ August 31 2008, 8:47 PM BST

I rode the Tube for a couple of hours, checking out different stops whilst killing time before my train home once.

It's quite good fun.

I get excited by the old tiling and the closed stations and that. o/

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ August 31 2008, 8:52 PM BST

Between 9-11pm is a good time as there's no point doing it during rush hour.

Of course, as it's a Saturday night, that pretty much IS the rush hour. ;)

The first time I ever went on the tube, I couldn't get over how small it was. When I was waiting for the train to arrive, it reminded me of being at a fairground, waiting in line for a roler coaster to arrive. Also, I remember there was an amazinly intricate graffiti piece, on the side of one of the trains.

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ August 31 2008, 8:52 PM BST

Well if Aaron fails to find a venue I suggest that we celebrate the tube by dressing in beach wear and surf* the tube. (Piccadilly & District lines are very challenging lines to surf.) Between 9-11pm is a good time as there's no point doing it during rush hour.

*Standing up and holding on to nothing whilst trying to maintain your balance.

Hardcore girls wear killer heels. Comfortable shoes are for wimps!

People who tube surf are the most contemptible scum in the universe and deserve prison sentences, if not physical violence.

Quote: sootyj @ September 1 2008, 8:58 AM BST

People who tube surf are the most contemptinle scum in the universe and deserve prison sentences, if not physical violence.

Because they don't hold onto a bar?

I was referring to people having parties on the Tube,

Look at how wacky we are, we're in fancy dress! we're drunk!, we're shouting we're mad!

No you're just stopping me reading my new Harry Potter, you arse biscuits.

Quote: sootyj @ September 1 2008, 9:08 AM BST

Look at how wacky we are, we're in fancy dress! we're drunk!, we're shouting we're mad!

Oh...

Is that you Paul W dancing round in a Hawaiian shirt, with a straw hat and a bottle of White Lightning. Singing along to House of Pain on your tinny mobile?

If it is I didn't accidentally slam my hard back copy of The Half Blood Prince into your nuts.

And I'm not sorry,

Quote: catskillz @ September 1 2008, 3:52 AM BST

The first time I ever went on the tube, I couldn't get over how small it was. When I was waiting for the train to arrive, it reminded me of being at a fairground, waiting in line for a roler coaster to arrive. Also, I remember there was an amazinly intricate graffiti piece, on the side of one of the trains.

Depends which station (and line) you're on. Some are tiny, some are quite large.

Oh, and the time of day of course!

Quote: sootyj @ September 1 2008, 8:58 AM BST

People who tube surf are the most contemptible scum in the universe and deserve prison sentences, if not physical violence.

So true.

Laughing out loud

I heard about that. Didn't a load of people go crazy on the tubes because Boris Johnson banned drinking, or something?

Yes they closed down the whole Circle line. World's most stupid protest ever. I got stuck in it, stupid braying over privilleged trustafarians blocking the doors.

Still at least it was easy to shove past them.

Quote: sootyj @ September 1 2008, 10:20 AM BST

Yes they closed down the whole Circle line. World's most stupid protest ever. I got stuck in it, stupid braying over privilleged trustafarians blocking the doors.

Still at least it was easy to shove past them.

Sounded horrible. So sorry.

Nah it wasn't bad it was pathetic.

I've been at a few demos on real issues, much more fun.