Stewie and Brian Page 3

Quote: Eggie @ August 5 2008, 8:19 PM BST

Family Guy is currently my least favourite thing in existance,
It's the non-existent characters, the lazy joke-writing, the bland artwork, the stiff animation, the annoying voices, the substituting of pop-culture references for jokes, the unorigimnal storylines, the all-emcompassing air of smugness that the show and it's creator Seth McFarlane exudes or the pathetic attempts at being 'edgy' that rubs me the wrong way, it's that... no...no, wait... it's all of those things.

Nice theme song though.

EDIT:
As for The Simpsons rip-off. It IS similar, but it shouldn't be. The Simpsons used to be about the characters, man..

That's why it is so good!

Quote: Eggie @ August 5 2008, 8:48 PM BST

I'm not crazy! Everyone else is crazy!
Why am I the only one who sees the light?! Family Guy sucks!
ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

No, it's great. :P

Quote: David Chapman @ August 5 2008, 9:45 PM BST

That's why it is so good!

The theme song?

Well... That's the ONLY good thing about it, it's not good enough to actually make the show good by association.

When I watch Family Guy I don't get the impression tht there was any talent put into it at all, I think it's written by McFarlanes friends from college. Boring people who think they're funny. People who sing songs when you say words from songs to them in conversations, people who think it's really, really witty to say "Luke, I am your father", people who crave attention but have nothing interesting about them to merit it... I think if you got 20 of those people together in a room, I think they'd write Family Guy. And I think that's exactly what happened.

And I take serious offence to the animation. Having bad animation on purpose is fine IF YOU DO IT CHEAPLY. They have hordes of sweaty Koreans drawing these characters moving robotically through same boring three poses over and over and over, never being allowed to actuially make the characters express any kind of emotion that might accidently lead to a genuine moment of humour. As a cartoonist I can't imagine being subjected to that kind of torture, it's unethical and should be banned.

I mean, people complin about bad acting. Why lower the standards for animated programs? A guy moving his mouth, tilting his head and occasionally FOR EXTRA EMPHASIS, raising his hand is not a good comedy performance, be he drawn or otherwise. Especially since McFarlane can't voice-act for shit.

Quote: Eggie @ August 5 2008, 11:18 PM BST

I don't get the impression tht there was any talent put into it at all, I think it's written by McFarlanes friends from college. Boring people who think they're funny. People who sing songs when you say words from songs to them in conversations, people who think it's really, really witty to say "Luke, I am your father", people who crave attention but have nothing interesting about them to merit it...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you ...

SPACED!

No. Jessica Hynes has TALENT.

I forgot to mention that bit.

It's okay to say "Luke, I am you father" if you can find a creative, interesting way to do it.

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Quote: Eggie @ August 5 2008, 11:18 PM BST

The theme song?

No - I meant the whole show! The characters, the scripts, the way they go off at tangents. The best American programme on TV as I've said before of any genre.

Terrible scripts, unfunny tangents, non-existant characters.
What are you getting at? You're listing things it doesn't do well at and trying to use the fact that it has them as an argument?

See that's the weird thing about Family Guy.

The Stewie and Brian thing is kinda jsut parachuted in.

It really is fuuny fresh and original.

I watched a lot of their stuff on Youtube and was weirded out wathcing the whole episodes on TV just how bad they were.

Peter is just the worst comedy character on TV ever.

But Stewie making fun of Brian's relationship with a bimbo, is lovely comedy.

Quote: Eggie @ August 5 2008, 11:54 PM BST

Terrible scripts, unfunny tangents, non-existant characters.
What are you getting at? You're listing things it doesn't do well at and trying to use the fact that it has them as an argument?

I think that maybe we disagree.

Yes. I am on the side of all that is good and right in the world, the world that hates terrorists and Family Guy and rape and paedophiles...

and you...

Well...

Quote: Eggie @ August 6 2008, 12:02 AM BST

Yes. I am on the side of all that is good and right in the world, the world that hates terrorists and Family Guy and rape and paedophiles...

and you...

Well...

The trouble with you is you don't when you're beaten!

Eggie's bitter because his animations aren't on TV.

Quote: David Chapman @ August 6 2008, 12:04 AM BST

The trouble with you is you don't when you're beaten!

Eeeeyyyyy! Good one.

What... so the rules are the first person to say "let's agree to disagree" instantly wins?

Why didn't anyone tell me? That would have saved me so much time in my life...

EDIT: And no, I'm bitter that these guys ( http://dummcomics.com ) animations aren't on TV