Summer Heights High Page 3

I dunno Prisoner Cell Block H, the Paul Hogan show, and The Sullivans.

Tough competition.

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2008, 12:57 PM BST

Yeah, that's saying a lot isn't it. Errr

Who is qualified to quantify the statement? It needs no quantification. It is an indisputable fact. The greatest export from Oz since AC/DC.

England needs Taco Bell!!

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ August 4 2008, 1:08 PM BST

Who is qualified to quantify the statement? It needs no quantification. It is an indisputable fact.

It may very well be so. But it's still like saying that "the best thing about the Holocaust was that it was never completed".

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2008, 1:12 PM BST

It may very well be so. But it's still like saying that "the best thing about the Holocaust was that it was never completed".

And just how does that relate to Taco Bell, Mr Sir? Because the discussion about Summer Heights has been done and dusted.

Yes it has!

Food such as that is loaded with garlic. End of discussion.

I really like Summer Heights High. Why the Jonah hate? I think he's the funniest and the most pathosy character of the show.

"You need to get yourself a sense of humour, car! Don't you know what fun is?"

Okay, so Devvo already did it but, come on, that's heart-breakling and wonderful observational writing right there.

Kath and Kim is better!
But only just.
They must be pals. Has either guested in the other's shows?

Kath and Kim is really very bad! :(

Sometimes, you're just wrong, LIVE WITH IT.
:)

How much of it have you watched?
It's one of those shows you need to see a few times to get into the world of it, and then it becomes unmissable.

I managed half of an episode. I wanted to make them die.

Quote: zooo @ August 5 2008, 8:07 PM BST

Kath and Kim is better!

Kath And Kim is great. I've seen picutres of the American re-make, in which Selma Blair, the very skinny Selma Blair, plays Kim. Hmm. Isnt half the joke with that character that shes this podgy lady in too tight clothes who thinks she's gods gift to men?

Yup.

The American version could still end up being funny in its own way. But they'll have missed the point entirely of the characters.

Quote: Aaron @ August 5 2008, 10:15 PM BST

I managed half of an episode. I wanted to make them die.

Well, no wonder you didn't get into it then. You didn't give it a chance. :)

But I can't. The premise was awful. The voices were worse than Northerners. The characters vile. Etc.

The vileness is where the comedy lies!

But fair enough. Everyone can't like everything etc etc blah blah.
;)

Quote: Aaron @ August 5 2008, 11:27 PM BST

The voices were worse than Northerners.

Screw-YOU!!! Angry