Summer Heights High Page 9

Summer Heights finished last week!

Actually the where should your values kick in is an interesting debate?

I mean Birth of a Nation is both a vitally important piece of cinematic history, it's also hugely racist.

Love thY Nieghbour actually had black actors, unlike Terry and June.

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2008, 12:57 PM BST

Yeah, that's saying a lot isn't it. Errr

Thanks. Laughing out loud

SHH was quite good. Having attended a school which was, without a shadow of a doubt, worse than that in SHH, I can assure everyone it is extremely truthful. Problem is, Lilley's shows are on all the time now. We Can Be Heroes is on ABC for about the 7th set of repeats in two years. Never liked the Ja'mie character (because she makes me cringe, but doesn't make me laugh), and these days, upon seeing her, I have a strong urge to shout "that gobshite again; is she never off the air?" and hurl an alcoholic beverage at the screen.

Re. good Australian comedy, there are some alternatives. Try "The Games", "Stupid, Stupid Man" and "The Hollowmen". All are quite good.

Anybody know when the DVD of this is out?

I loved this! Best comedy I've seen in a very very very long time.

I liked it too... ALOT. It was just so silly. But awesome.

Quote: EllieJP @ September 18 2008, 10:46 AM BST

I liked it too... ALOT. It was just so silly. But awesome.

Who gave you permission to leave the General Discussion forum? Go on, back you go. Pleased

I could easily watch a spin-off show featuring only the Jonah character. I would love to write stuff for that character.

Funniest character I reckon.

Take your cup of tea and shove it up your arse.

You know when I get you home, I'm going to smack you.

Jonah's definitely my fave. :D There was a kid in my school just like him!

Oh and I love his graffiti tag. DickTation Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I wonder, if it were in Two Pints..., if you would feel the same. Probably not. It'd probably be declared to be puerile unfunny rubbish. Except not put so politely.

Quote: Aaron @ September 18 2008, 3:52 PM BST

I wonder, if it were in Two Pints..., if you would feel the same. Probably not. It'd probably be declared to be puerile unfunny rubbish. Except not put so politely.

It wouldn't be in 2 Pints. It's far too witty and inventive.

Evidently you've not watched enough Two Pints....

Quote: Aaron @ September 18 2008, 4:19 PM BST

Evidently you've not watched enough Two Pints....

Oh I've seen enough. BBC3 has it playing on a loop from 12am onwards pretty much everyday. "puerile unfunny drivel" just about sums it up. I'd add "crude" in there too. 'Summer Heights High' on the other hand is well written, well acted and the characters are beautifully observed. '2 Pints' is just a bunch of 'Hollyoaks' rejects playing the parts of annoying cartoon characters in human form.

That may be true. But on the other hand, Two Pints.... is actually funny.

Thought Summer Heights High was brilliant.

Aaron do you just intentionally pick the worst comedies around and then say you like them to get a rise out of people?