Just a Minute Page 2

Just A Minute. Nicholas Parsons. Copyright: BBC.

Just A Minute

Long running radio panel game in which host Nicholas Parsons asks contestants to talk for one minute without repetition, hesitation or deviation

Ian Wolf

• Tuesday 29th July 2008, 4:35pm
  • Stockton-on-Tees, England
  • 2,836 posts
Quote: Tim Walker @ July 29 2008, 11:59 AM BST

Is it just me or is Paul Merton increasingly much funnier on radio than on TV?

I think it is perhaps the fact that Merton was a massive fan of the show before he was famous. When he lived in a lonley bedsit, he used to record episodes of the show on audio casettes. They served as the main form of entertainment for him, because he did not have a TV set. So getting on the show was very much a "Dream come true" for him. It's pratically a second home for him.

Ian Wolf

• Tuesday 6th October 2009, 7:47pm
  • Stockton-on-Tees, England
  • 2,836 posts

I just got this email.

**** NEW RECORDING DATES ****

Recording on Monday 16th November, Friday 27th November and Friday 11th December. All 3 recordings will take place at the Radio Theatre, Broadcasting House.

Due to the popularity of this programme we will be operating a random draw for tickets, to make the process fairer.

The website registration opens Thursday 8th October at 4pm and closes on Thursday 15th October at 4pm. No requests will be accepted after this date and time.

Apply for a ticket online http://www.bbc.co.uk/tickets/

Visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/justaminute/

youngian

• Tuesday 6th October 2009, 8:22pm
  • England
  • 1,727 posts
Quote: Tim Walker @ July 29 2008, 11:59 AM BST

Is it just me or is Paul Merton increasingly much funnier on radio than on TV?

Just A Minute has always been great value.

He seems to have a lot more time and enthusiasm for his radio appearances than the increasingly tired HIGNFY.

Sitcomfan64

• Tuesday 5th June 2018, 3:42pm
  • England
  • 316 posts

Well, that was a momentous occasion wasn't it? Just a Minute WITHOUT Nicholas Parsons! Very strange to hear somebody else in the chair. Has Parsons gotten some kind of world record/award for his chairmanship of JAM? If he hasn't then he bloomin well should have!

lofthouse

• Wednesday 20th June 2018, 4:30pm
  • Bolton, England
  • 8,651 posts

I really like Sarah Pascoe

But she isn't cut out for JAM

sounds like she's having a panic attack every round!