Just A Minute

Just A Minute. Nicholas Parsons. Copyright: BBC.

Just A Minute

Long running radio panel game in which host Nicholas Parsons asks contestants to talk for one minute without repetition, hesitation or deviation

Jack Massey

• Wednesday 11th June 2008, 12:46am
  • England
  • 2,965 posts

Anyone a fan of this BBC Radio 4 Panal Show. I've got a ticket for a live recording in Manchester tomorrow night.

JuliaC

• Wednesday 11th June 2008, 1:01am [Edited]
  • Manchester, England
  • 3,143 posts

Oh you lucky thing - do you know who's on?

It's a great show, obviously it depends on the panel but it's usually good value. I'm a big fan of Tony Hawks and Ross Noble who both do well. Clement Freud is great too. I do feel sorry for Nicholas Parsons sometimes though!

chipolata

• Wednesday 11th June 2008, 1:42pm
  • England
  • 29,581 posts

Parsons loves the ribbing he gets. And anybody who saw him on sale of the Century knows that he can give as good as he gets at times.

Afinkawan

• Wednesday 11th June 2008, 3:29pm
  • Huddersfield, England
  • 2,302 posts

It's a fantastic show. You'll love watching them record it, they do 2 shows at each recording.

Jack Massey

• Thursday 12th June 2008, 2:53am
  • England
  • 2,965 posts

What a fantastic night I had. Ian McNeil was on it, he was on Friday's Have I got News for You. A great Yorkshire comedian.

Though I always get the strange old man sat behind me. He went into hysterics on things that weren't meant to be funny. 'And now we go onto the next round, A day I won something' The man burst out laughing, realised nobody else was laughing, so coughed to cover up his embarrasment, but coughed all over my head.

Finck

• Thursday 10th July 2008, 6:12pm
  • Manchester, England
  • 3,485 posts

I had actually planned to fly over to the Old Island only to attend a recording of JaM. But the last time I tried to fly to London for a day they wouldn't let us land and we were sent back to Hamburg(1). On my birthday. Never in my life have I felt so rejected. Now I have moved away from a proper airport anyway. I could still go by TGV, though.

Does anyone know how much in advance one can book the tickets?

┬░Finck

(1) No, we weren't trying to blitz anyone.

Aaron

• Thursday 10th July 2008, 6:21pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,308 posts

Laughing out loud

Mark

• Friday 11th July 2008, 2:38pm
  • Hampshire, England
  • 2,668 posts

Sorry to hear of your mis-fortune Finck. Normally you can't book tickets much in advance, however if you were to get in touch with BBC Studio Audiences (+44 370 901 1227) they might perhaps be able to make an exception.

Aaron

• Friday 11th July 2008, 3:31pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,308 posts

I didn't even spot that question! Yes, normally tickets are announced a month or two in advance, depending on the production company, and then actually sent 2 weeks in advance. It's only whether you receive those tickets or not that you know you've got in - or not.

Finck

• Friday 11th July 2008, 3:52pm
  • Manchester, England
  • 3,485 posts
Quote: Aaron @ July 11 2008, 11:31 AM BST

I didn't even spot that question! Yes, normally tickets are announced a month or two in advance, depending on the production company, and then actually sent 2 weeks in advance. It's only whether you receive those tickets or not that you know you've got in - or not.

That won't work then. In order to get reasonably priced train tickets I'd have to book much earlier than two weeks before.

But I'll keep Mark's option in mind. Thanks, btw!

Ian Wolf

• Thursday 17th July 2008, 7:35pm
  • Stockton-on-Tees, England
  • 2,837 posts

I've just noticed that the new series starts later this month, after the current series of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue. The first episode stars Clement Freud, Paul Merton, Ross Noble and Phill Jupitus.

Finck

• Thursday 17th July 2008, 11:59pm
  • Manchester, England
  • 3,485 posts
Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 17 2008, 3:35 PM BST

I've just noticed that the new series starts later this month, after the current series of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue. The first episode stars Clement Freud, Paul Merton, Ross Noble and Phill Jupitus.

Current series of ISIHAC? Isn't it on reruns?

The iplayer said last Monday's episode was 5 out of 6, so JaM would be on the Monday after next. Yippee!

Ian Wolf

• Friday 18th July 2008, 1:34pm
  • Stockton-on-Tees, England
  • 2,837 posts
Quote: Finck @ July 17 2008, 7:59 PM BST

Current series of ISIHAC? Isn't it on reruns?

The iplayer said last Monday's episode was 5 out of 6, so JaM would be on the Monday after next. Yippee!

Yes, that's what I meant - the current series of repeats.

Farleigh

• Tuesday 29th July 2008, 3:20pm
  • London, England
  • 16 posts

Definetley one of the best radio programmes in my opinion. It never fails to be funny and proves that a highly detailed script is in no way needed to be very funny.

T.W.

• Tuesday 29th July 2008, 3:59pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 15,786 posts

Is it just me or is Paul Merton increasingly much funnier on radio than on TV?

Just A Minute has always been great value.