The great Richard Hammond height swindle Page 4

Quote: Seefacts @ June 8 2008, 9:12 PM BST

Seriously?

I obviously wouldn't rule out someone who is under that height if I really liked them, but ideally, I would prefer to date taller men and I find taller men more attractive.

Quote: Winterlight @ June 8 2008, 9:13 PM BST

I just measured. I'm 176cm. I think that works out to 5ft 10.

People are shorter in the evening.

In the morning, I actually measure in at over 14ft.

Oh wait, I'm 5ft 9 4/5ths. Let's just say 5 ft 10.

Quote: Winterlight @ June 8 2008, 9:05 PM BST

I'd say I'm about 5ft 9. I always though that 5 ft 10 was the UK average though.

Additionally:

How many tall old men do you see? Not many. I fear for John Cleese's longevity.

I read once that that if you have quite active growth hormones, it represses your bodies ability to kill off mutated cells.

Shorter men live longer then?

Bingo. No wonder Hammond got through his accent.

Quote: EllieJP @ June 8 2008, 9:13 PM BST

I find taller men more attractive.

Do you like long faces?

Quote: Seefacts @ June 8 2008, 9:12 PM BST

'The one' :D

How quaint.

:D
Shut up, you!

Quote: EllieJP @ June 8 2008, 9:13 PM BST

I obviously wouldn't rule out someone who is under that height if I really liked them, but ideally, I would prefer to date taller men and I find taller men more attractive.

Is height physically attractive, or is more a mental thing of being perceived as more manly and they can protect you?

Serious question.

Quote: Winterlight @ June 8 2008, 9:15 PM BST

Do you like long faces?

Horses aren't my thing...

Quote: Seefacts @ June 8 2008, 9:16 PM BST

Is height physically attractive, or is more a mental thing of being perceived as more manly and they can protect you?

Serious question.

Both... I was actually going to add on the whole being hugged and being felt protected.

If I am in a bar and I am looking for men... I will look at taller men, and then persue them!

Quote: Seefacts @ June 8 2008, 9:16 PM BST

Serious question.

I cant speak for Ellie personally, but I think it's more an instinctive thing. Women want their offspring to have a good chance of reproducing, therefore continuing their lineage. Height is perceived as stronger, fitter etc.

It never stopped Dudley Moore though. My mum used to fancy him, but she also fancies Julian Clary.

Quote: EllieJP @ June 8 2008, 9:18 PM BST

If I am in a bar and I am looking for men... I will look at taller men, and then persue them!

And they'd be easy to see, obviously.

Thing is, even men who are the same height as you (and I've been out with one my height!) are still stronger than you and can lift you up, etc. So... the protected thing doesn't have to mean exclusively lanky bastards.

Quote: Seefacts @ June 8 2008, 9:19 PM BST

And they'd be easy to see, obviously.

We're not talking freakily tall!

Quote: Winterlight @ June 8 2008, 9:19 PM BST

I cant speak for Ellie personally, but I think it's more an instinctive thing. Women want their offspring to have a good chance of reproducing, therefore continuing their lineage. Height is perceived as stronger, fitter etc.

It never stopped Dudley Moore though. My mum used to fancy him, but she also fancies Julian Clary.

I'm genuinely not bothered about being quite short. The fact I'm f**king hilarious more than makes up for it!

Quote: zooo @ June 8 2008, 9:20 PM BST

and can lift you up.

Oo I bet you like that don't you? Pleased

I don't even notice a boy's height. Unless they are extreeeeeemely tall or short.