The great Richard Hammond height swindle

He's not short. He's average height. And taller than me, the bastard.

I've just had a bizarre afternoon of having to mind the Hamster as he signed books for his mentalist fans.

I've never seen so many sad, frizzy ginger-haired weirdos in one place.

You're short.

It's amazing what people will worship.

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2008, 4:45 PM BST

You're short.

Sadly, that's what today has revealed.

Average height is 5'9" and a half in the UK.

I'm 5' 7" and three quarters (officially) And I'd make Hammond about 5' 8" - basically average.

What next? Danny De Vito is taller than me?!

Pleased

Quote: Seefacts @ June 8 2008, 4:40 PM BST

He's not short. He's average height. And taller than me, the bastard.

Hee hee, short arse! Pleased
Actually, so am I. But I make up for lack of height in other areas; if you know what I mean ladies. I mean Ive got hands like spades.

Bloody hell didn't know he was that tall. I have to admit that I'm a member of the shortass club at a staggering height of 5ft 3.

Reading this thread I must be a long streak of piss at a shade under 6ft. There was a fair few kids taller than me at my school though.

Quote: Paul Carroll @ June 8 2008, 5:01 PM BST

Bloody hell didn't know he was that tall. I have to admit that I'm a member of the shortass club at a staggering height of 5ft 3.

To be fair, i think the other Top Gear blokes are pretty tall, so he just seems titchy in comparison.

Quote: NickTheDon @ June 8 2008, 5:04 PM BST

Reading this thread I must be a long streak of piss at a shade under 6ft. There was a fair few kids taller than me at my school though.

At 6ft you're a stubby little excuse of a boy. 6'4" is man sized.

I'm around 5ft 11". I had a bit of a complex about my size, as a kid, as I was always tall for my age. I can honestly say, I never desired to be taller than 6 ft.

6 1 - 6 2.

Perfect manly height :D

Being short is a bit shit to be honest.

Quote: Seefacts @ June 8 2008, 5:21 PM BST

My girlfriend's about 5'1 and she hates it, but what she does love about being short is being able to buy clothes from the kids section in H&M. So much cheaper!

Quote: Seefacts @ June 8 2008, 5:21 PM BST

You can never see the band properly at gigs, and your head feels very low to the ground. It also bugs me when I walk past a group of kids and half of them are taller than me. Angry Im almost 5'8 if I stretch me neck out.

Quote: David Bussell @ June 8 2008, 5:10 PM BST

6'4" is man sized.

Thats just being greedy, give me a couple of inches. Thats not the first time Ive said that to a man. (Boom-tish) (That was a drum flourish) (Because I was joking) (Honest)