Has anyone ever considered moving to America?

I've been getting a bit fed up recently, and I feel like I need to make a massive change in my life. I was wondering whether I should give America a try.

Yeah, I have. Why not? You only live once, etc.

Of course in this context a physical move might be a crude attempt to fix an inner malaise.

http://www.alife4sale.com/

I spent a year there and it was a great experience, but a permanent move wouldn't appeal to me. Go for it.

I've considered it, of course!
I looove America.

But in reality, I'd miss England too much. I need to be rich and have two homes, spending half the year in each. That's what I need.

Nah. I like England too much.

Quote: Winterlight @ April 21 2008, 8:02 PM BST

Nah. I like England too much.

Isn't that a Morrissey track?

I reckon it would be the silly little things that I don't even like that much, that I'd miss.
Like Richard & Judy and Radio 2.

I'm not sure. You aren't thinking of 'National Front Disco' are you?

Quote: Winterlight @ April 21 2008, 8:05 PM BST

I'm not sure. You aren't thinking of 'National Front Disco' are you?

I was just joking.

England for the English, England for the English . . .

YEAH YEAH YEH-YEH!!

And so on.

Back on topic. From a career point of view, a stint in the US sounds pretty cool. Though if it's landscape, food, people we're talking about - I'd sooner move to mainland Europe.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 21 2008, 8:06 PM BST

I was just joking.

England for the English, England for the English . . .

YEAH YEAH YEH-YEH!!

And so on.

Back on topic. From a career point of view, a stint in the US sounds pretty cool. Though if it's landscape, food, people we're talking about - I'd sooner move to mainland Europe.

Yeah, I fancy living in France.
*Cue consternation from Aaron*

Hasn't America got all the different landscapes you could want?

Quote: James Williams @ April 21 2008, 8:09 PM BST

Yeah, I fancy living in France.
*Cue consternation from Aaron*

My Auntie and Uncle moved to the South of France, a couple of years ago. My Uncle is fluent in French, and teaches English over there. My Auntie, on the other hand, is still having a bit of trouble with the language.

Quote: Griff @ April 21 2008, 8:21 PM BST

Me, I went to live in Australia for three years,

I went to Australia for a few weeks this year, they have the worst television Ive ever seen; just awful. It was nice there and everything, but I missed the British grime. Id never live anywhere else.

Quote: catskillz @ April 21 2008, 7:56 PM BST

I've been getting a bit fed up recently, and I feel like I need to make a massive change in my life. I was wondering whether I should give America a try.

Do it! Better to do it than not and regret later in life when your circumstances may have changed and you cant. Everton aren't getting 4th place anyway so that should be your cue. :)

Quote: catskillz @ April 21 2008, 7:56 PM BST

We very often think that an upheaval to something/somewhere totally different will solve all our problems. A lot of the time we just transfer those problems to the new place/country.
You need to write down five things you hate about your life and five things you love about it, then take the five 'rotten' things and see what you can change. I bet you'll find you don't want to move after that. Just try and change the things that are possible to change and leave the others alone that cannot be changed.
And...always look on the bright side of life..... :D