Has anyone ever considered moving to America? Page 5

Really, Camden isnt cool? Admittedly, I only know a few people who live there...one is an artist, the other is an actor, and one is a writer. Sounds pretty cool to me, to be honest.

Quote: Perry Nium @ May 7 2008, 5:44 PM BST

If there was ever a news story that demonstrated a reason NOT to move to America, it's this one.

BURN THE WITCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDPd3hM5Qtc

My God they are stupid.

Quote: manchester's trendy chorlton @ May 7 2008, 5:47 PM BST

Aaron, just out of interest - why isn't Camden 'cool'?

The people who radiate there are, overwhelmingly, tossers. Not necessarily everyone who LIVES there, mind. And the fact it is considered "cool" automatically negates any "cool"-ness it may have possessed.

Quote: zooo @ May 7 2008, 10:50 PM BST

I'm sure Camden used to be cool. In the 60s.

If Austin Powers is to be believed.

Groovy baby! :D

Quote: manchester's trendy chorlton @ May 8 2008, 9:34 AM BST

a few people who live there...one is an artist, the other is an actor, and one is a writer.

I rest my case.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. My friends egos will be shattered, mind.

I like Camden. We must remember Aaron is a social failure. Me, on the other hand enjoy the hustle and bustle of Camden and the pubs are great! :)

Not a failure, but of a higher class. And consequently an opt-out-er. It's full of skanky markets and music/media/artistic wankers to whom it is some kind of shrine.

Fair enough it's not for everyone (trolls).

The sophisticated...

Hmmmm...anyway...

Do I sense a bit of jealousy here Aaron? These wankers you speak of are the people who tell you what to like - they inform your televisual, musical and artistic tastes.

Why would I be jealous? :S
Modern art = crap.
Modern music = crap.
Television = so-so, but relatively little within Camden proper anyway.

If anything, I pity them.

I'd move in a heartbeat if there was a job on offer...mind I'd move anywere.

Except Slough.

And Milton Keynes. I think Slough should be pronounced 'uff' as in 'tough'.

Quote: Gavin @ May 8 2008, 1:08 PM BST

I'd move in a heartbeat if there was a job on offer...mind I'd move anywere.

Except Slough.

Good save, good save.

Milton Keynes is awesome!

I used to love Camden. When I was 16 and into grunge music. But even my friends and I walk through there now and say 'Oh it's all changed'. Like we're 90.
It's just a bit rubbish now. But I'm sure there are good bits, like in any area, that haven't been touristed out of all recognition.

The best thing about Camden was the piles of bootlegged cassettes you could get off the market for about 10p each, which was amazing at a time when there was no internet for free downloads. Even the dodgy photocopied album sleeves had a certain charm about them.