Pulling & Peep Show; why are these so much better?

I think it's almost a cross of audience watching both of these. I breathe Peep Show and I criticise pretty much everything on TV especially BBC material, but not Pulling. After 2 episodes I thought it was great, and for once, I liked the female characters.

Obviously Peep Show is better!

Which do you think is better and why are these so good compared to other stuff on TV?

Peep Show is better however I do enjoy Pulling.

Quote: Charley @ April 21 2008, 7:27 PM BST

however I do enjoy Pulling.

It's not pulling if they're unconscious Charley...

Quote: Paul W @ April 21 2008, 7:29 PM BST

It's not pulling if they're unconscious Charley...

Laughing out loud Is it not?

No, that's rape.

Quote: Aaron @ April 21 2008, 7:41 PM BST

No, that's rape.

Nah! A woman can only rape a fella if she inserts sommat in his arse!

>_<

Quote: Aaron @ April 21 2008, 7:41 PM BST

No, that's rape.

No, that's a date with Chapman.

Haha

I dont like the how Gavin and Stacey occasionally takes itself too seriously

They're not. There was enough material in the first series of Pulling for three episodes, not six. The second series is more even and the writing clearly benefits from having actors to model the dialogue on, but it still quite weak in parts for something written by two people. I find Peep Show difficult to relate to as I am not inhibited about sex. The show would have sunk years ago without the performance of David Mitchell who is naturally funny, much like Alexander Armstrong.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 22 2008, 6:14 PM BST

They're not. There was enough material in the first series of Pulling for three episodes, not six. The second series is more even and the writing clearly benefits from having actors to model the dialogue on, but it still quite weak in parts for something written by two people. I find Peep Show difficult to relate to as I am not inhibited about sex. The show would have sunk years ago without the performance of David Mitchell who is naturally funny, much like Alexander Armstrong.

I can't quite believe you wrote 'im not inhibited about sex so I can't relate to Peep Show'. Only someone who is inhibited would actually write something like that....it's a bit like saying you can't watch actors who are gay because your definatley not gay yourself! Peep Show is about life situations, the reality and taboo's of the mind etc...it is something that can make you laugh and reflect when you realise that most of us are in fact just insecure and fragile like the rest, no matter what we appear to be. It's called being human.

Gavin and Stacey in a poor man's version of Pulling/Peep Show type humour catering to the over 50's thinking that they are still 33! Lame Welsh jokes, annoying actors, unlikeable characters, cliched....exactly the type of crap that an army of office hired hacks could knock together to pray on the unsuspecting simpletons who inhabit this country after there long day at the mill....

Your right when you say Pulling ain't that good but its still better than G&S and is like methadone to my heroin(Peep Show).

watching Gavin and Stacey is like buying a leather jacket from Asda(bbc) by Sergio Georgini when you wanted one from Carnaby street by Armani but couldn't bring yourself to hand your money over to the 'posh gay shop'(channel 4) uptown.

Quote: Oliver @ April 23 2008, 4:01 PM BST

watching Gavin and Stacey is like buying a leather jacket from Asda(bbc) by Sergio Georgini when you wanted one from Carnaby street by Armani but couldn't bring yourself to hand your money over to the 'posh gay shop'(channel 4) uptown.

Damn those bloody posh gays! *shakes fist in their general direction*

Quote: Griff @ April 23 2008, 4:03 PM BST

I went to see Armstrong/Bain and Mitchell/Webb do a Q&A at BAFTA last night about the new Peep Show series. When asked about their current sitcom faves, Armstrong and Bain both nominated Pulling as the first in their list. I haven't seen it, but if those guys rate it, perhaps I should get hold of a DVD.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/4992758/Pulling-Series-1/Product.html]

And of course, series two can be obtained from all good illegal distributors. :)

Quote: Griff @ April 23 2008, 4:03 PM BST

I went to see Armstrong/Bain and Mitchell/Webb do a Q&A at BAFTA last night about the new Peep Show series. When asked about their current sitcom faves, Armstrong and Bain both nominated Pulling as the first in their list. I haven't seen it, but if those guys rate it, perhaps I should get hold of a DVD.

I'd definitely second that... Pulling is very close in humour and style to Peep Show - I rate it very highly indeed.

Was anything interesting revealed at the BFI event Griff? I'm well upset I couldn't make it.

Quote: Mark @ April 24 2008, 2:12 AM BST

I'd definitely second that... Pulling is very close in humour and style to Peep Show - I rate it very highly indeed.

I've never seen Pulling but that just got my interest!

Yeah Peep Show is definitely so far ahead of everything else that it's not even funny....err, I think that could have been phrased better!