Persistently Best Sitcom Actor? Page 3

Rowan Atkinson gets my vote.

It's got to be Ronnie Barker or David Jason.

I think Ruth Jones is a good shout (along with Jason/Barker) as she plays different characters in each role. Proper acting.

Gervais and Barrett basically play the same character (more or less themselves). Don't get me wrong, I *love* Barrett's characters and the guy is a comedy genius, but no-one can say he plays many different ones.

<Suddenly remembers the 'Crack Fox'. Shivers and starts crying calling for his Mummy>

Dan

And he's been mentioned earlier but Robert Lindsey. He was great in Citizen Smith, he pretty much elevates My Family to a level it doesn't deserve, and he was fantastic in Nightingales. I also enjoyed him in Extras.

Ronnie Barker as an all time great and Mark Benton is always great in anything he does comedy or otherwise as a more modern contender.

Have to give it up for Steve Coogan.

Barker and Jason. How many sitcoms did they do each? Two?

Coogan's been good in a few, but it seems to me not many (if any) actors have a consistent career in sitcom. Don't know why. Maybe they get bored?

I wonder which actors has had the most lead (or more or less leads) in a sitcom. Chris Barrie has been in three - Dwarf, and two flops.

Two Flops was great, really funny.

Quote: Leevil @ April 25 2008, 12:06 PM BST

Two Flops was great, really funny.

I knew someone was going to say that. I couldn't be arsed to type them.

Brittas wasn't exactly a flop was it?

Quote: swerytd @ April 25 2008, 11:19 AM BST

Gervais and Barrett basically play the same character (more or less themselves). Don't get me wrong, I *love* Barrett's characters and the guy is a comedy genius, but no-one can say he plays many different ones.

<Suddenly remembers the 'Crack Fox'. Shivers and starts crying calling for his Mummy>

Dan

:)
I find Dan Ashcroft pretty flipping entirely different from Howard Moon, but I can only speak for myself.
They looked similar, I'll grant you that.

And we've discussed Gervais on here so many times I can barely force myself to write this, but again, I think Brent, Millman and Ricky himself are three completely different people.

Rowan Atkinson. I used to fancy him.

I did too when he was Blackadder. But not in series 1. Yuk.

Ha. We both fancy Leevil. :O

Quote: zooo @ April 29 2008, 1:06 PM BST

I did too when he was Blackadder. But not in series 1. Yuk.

So glad someone else agrees with me. When I tell people I used to fancy him they just point and laugh. :(

He's probably the reason I fancy snide sarcastic gits now. :)

Quote: zooo @ April 29 2008, 1:06 PM BST

Ha. We both fancy Leevil. :O

Yyyes. Cool

Quote: zooo @ April 29 2008, 1:08 PM BST

He's probably the reason I fancy snide sarcastic gits now. :)

Another confession: I used to say I'd kick Alan B' Stard out of bed once I was done with him.

I'm so sorry. :(