Persistently Best Sitcom Actor? Page 4

Ha!!
Sadly I preferred him as a snivelling loser in The Young Ones.

Okay, Rik Mayall gets another one of my votes as bestest sitcom actor.

Quote: zooo @ April 29 2008, 1:12 PM BST

Ha!!
Sadly I preferred him as a snivelling loser in The Young Ones.

Okay, Rik Mayall gets another one of my votes as bestest sitcom actor.

I concur :D

Quote: David Chapman @ April 21 2008, 10:48 PM BST

I don't agree - Blackadder is very Thin Blue Line

I really disagree with that. They are both sarcastic and both look a little like Rowan Atkinson but Blackadder has a sharper tongue and is a lot more mischievous.

Insp. Fowler is in a relationship which plays a big part in his character whilst BlackAdder has very few relationships. His focus is on his duty whilst BlackAdder's is on himself.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 25 2008, 12:05 PM BST

Barker and Jason. How many sitcoms did they do each? Two?

Coogan's been good in a few, but it seems to me not many (if any) actors have a consistent career in sitcom. Don't know why. Maybe they get bored?

I wonder which actors has had the most lead (or more or less leads) in a sitcom. Chris Barrie has been in three - Dwarf, and two flops.

How many sitcoms has Nicholas Lyndhurst been in? From Butterflies to Goodnight Sweetheart (sitcom?) his c.v contains a lot of sitcoms and he is fairly consistant (without being a Barker or a Jason) so overall I think he would win my vote. Anyone know which actor/actress has the most sitcom credits?

Lyndhurst: Butterflies, Only Fools and Horses, Goodnight Sweetheart, The Piglet Files, After You've Gone, and a couple of other shows around the Butterflies era which I can't remember right now and can't be bothered to look up.

Probably others, but meh, like I said, can't be bothered.

wasn't there 'the two of us' or something like that in the mid 80's as well?

Corrrrrect. :)

(Anyone, uh, you know, have copies?)

Quote: Aaron @ April 29 2008, 1:46 PM BST

Corrrrrect. :)

(Anyone, uh, you know, have copies?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNdpvtwlOqo&feature=related

I'm afraid not :P I think it was more 'missable' than 'recordable'.

My question still stands (or now has changed to):- Who has been in as many (or more) sitcoms as Nicholas Lyndhurst?

And that then leads on to:-

Does the actor/actress with the most sitcom credits automatically take the title of 'most persistent sitcom actor/actress'

Ha! Definitely persistent.

Quote: zooo @ April 29 2008, 2:19 PM BST

Ha! Definitely persistent.

Who me or Nicholas Lyndhurst? By the way where is my answer! Laughing out loud

Both, I think. :)

You'll have to ask Mr. imdb.
He'll know.

What's the name of that weird looking one from The Office? I think he's a good a sitcom actor.

Quote: zooo @ April 29 2008, 2:22 PM BST

Both, I think. :)

You'll have to ask Mr. imdb.
He'll know.

Mr Wikipedia is more reliable than Mr IMDb. Mr IMDb knows as good as nothing when it comes to British TV, specifically British comedy. Even more specifically, British comedy before about 2004.

Mackenzie Crook?

I think its Ms. Wikipedia.
Mr. imdb is struck from the list henceforth.