F*** you Dara O'Briain, you big twat Page 5

Quote: David Chapman @ April 21 2008, 12:47 AM BST

He does seem a bit smarmy and in love with himself though.

When I met him, he was really nice to me. We had a good laugh together, although there was lots of free alcohol.

Can I use this thread to announce my latest line from my sitcom (set in a provincial thatre)?

SUSAN: We've got to try and attract a bigger names here.

BERNIE: Englebert Humperdink? That's a big name.

GLEN: No, that's a long name. She's not talking in number of letters Bernie.

BERNIE: Oh.

Could be punchier Tuumble.

I'll give you a bit more. How about:

SUSAN: We've got to try and attract a bigger names here.

BERNIE: Englebert Humperdink? That's a big name.

GLEN: No, that's a long name.

BERNIE: Oh.

GLEN: It'll get you a great Scrabble score but that's about it.

DON: Old Humpo is a star though - he kept the Beatles, 'Strawberry Fields' off number one remember.

SUSAN: That was over 40 years ago. The Last Waltz? It's hardly bump 'n' grind is it.

GLEN: Unless it's the audience trying to get their zimmers out of the disabled loo during the interval.

Quote: Tuumble @ April 21 2008, 11:11 AM BST

Can I use this thread to announce my latest line from my sitcom (set in a provincial thatre)?

Prob not the best thread. If you're looking for critique use the Critique forum, or if you just want to be general...use the General, General Thread.

Although, I quite liked the line of big names.

It's stil over wrtten Tuumble. Try and avoid repetition of words. Look at the bounce and snap of the dialogue. It should be like a ping pong game, not slow lobbing back and forth.

:)

Did anybody else read the interview with Clive Swift, off Keeping Up Appearances, in Doctor Who Magazine?

No, didn't think so. This chap did though.

Makes O'Briain look like a Lottery-winning Lucy Porter, on temazepam, after she's just won a Bafta for her prime-time BBC1 show.

Back to the original point, how do we know Seefacts didn't do something to annoy Dara, like mention that BBC2 variety show he did on Saturday nights (The Live Floor Show?). If I'd been involved in that, and somebody mentioned it, I'd go ape.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ April 21 2008, 12:33 AM BST

I imagine Ross Noble is lovely. Shocked about Dara though! I always thought of him as cuddley!

God, meeting Ross Noble. He is one of my comedy heroes! I'm so jealous!

Really nice guy.

Apologised for me having to wait for him to emerge from his dressing room. "Quite right too, you Geordie twat". Not really . . . And he wrote a comedy thing on my ticket. And chatted about the venue - top man.

Quote: chipolata @ April 21 2008, 11:52 AM BST

Back to the original point, how do we know Seefacts didn't do something to annoy Dara, like mention that BBC2 variety show he did on Saturday nights (The Live Floor Show?). If I'd been involved in that, and somebody mentioned it, I'd go ape.

Wasn't that what launched him?

No, I didn't mention that. I just said 'Frankie Boyle is funnier than you', obviously.

Was the racist Jim Bowen?

Quote: Tuumble @ April 21 2008, 11:11 AM BST

No, Critque.

Now you see Ellie, that's how you do it :D

Paul you just served Tuumble.

Quote: Gavin @ April 21 2008, 6:58 PM BST

Paul you just served Tuumble.

Ah man, does that mean he has to serve me back?

If he does that means...IT'S ON!!

Quote: Gavin @ April 21 2008, 7:01 PM BST

If he does that means...IT'S ON!!

OH IT'S ON!!!