Fawlty Towers Page 4

Quote: chipolata @ May 16 2010, 12:54 PM BST

I don't understand the point of it. Is it just a random collection of people who were famous five to ten years ago?

Some of the key players in the tragedy of the Faulty Towers. Britney being the only random one. Much like Paris Hilton showing up in John Lennon's kitchen for no reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uue5tEW5HT8

Oh Spears was in Moores' Farenheit 9/11 as well, endorsing Bush's decision to start war on Iraq. That would put the video cover at about 5 years old.

It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense satirically.

I'm determined to get my gf to watch an episode of Fawlty Towers. She's never really given it any time before, which is fair enough. But things have to change soon. The first one I'm going to show her is 'Communication Problems' as it's my favourite and how can anyone not love Mrs Richards. But do you think there's a better one to start off with, because it would be make or break as to whether she watches again. We've only watched 15 mins of The Office together as she couldn't get into that. :(

:O

Maybe the Hotel Inspectors?

Or the German one.

See, I think she might like The German one mainly due to Major talking to the moose head. The hotel Inspectors is a bit too 70s sitcom setup. She likes things like The IT Crowd, mainly for Moss. So I think Mrs Richards is a good start.

Ah, I dunno, yeah try that one. It's hard to imagine what someone new to Fawlty Towers would think of it!

I love the one with the Lord and the bricks in the briefcase.
He shouts 'piles of parts' at someone and then shakes his fist at a plant pot. I thought that was the height of comedy genius when I was 5. (It still is.)

:D I love that.

If she doesn't like Communication Problems she won't like Fawlty Towers. I'd be tempted to start at the beginning with the Lord Melbury episode, though, as it introduces the characters so well.

Quote: Badge @ January 7 2011, 4:07 PM GMT

If she doesn't like Communication Problems she won't like Fawlty Towers. I'd be tempted to start at the beginning with the Lord Melbury episode, though, as it introduces the characters so well.

I may go with that one next. They're all so God damn good. I should just be able to show her a jpeg of Basil Fawlty and she would fall in love with it.

Quote: Griff @ January 7 2011, 4:11 PM GMT

Leevil if she doesn't like Fawlty Towers you have to end the relationship. There is nothing further to be said on the subject.

It did cross my mind.

What Griff said. There's no tolerating that kind of subhuman!

Alright, calm down.

I agree with the above comments if she doesn't EVER get it, but I do know what today's females can be like, she may yet come round if you can get her off her mobile and things. And while we're on the female note, as they are known to love anything about themselves, I would start her on the most female based episode by far, The Anniversary. Then the Wedding Party. They love stuff like that :S

You could try telling her it's 'America's Next Top Fawlty Towers Episode' on Living TV. . .