TILT - topical Radio 7 comedy Page 20

Well done every one...

Just got in from work and have an email saying that they're are using one of my TV trails... it only took six weeks... but hey it's the first thing I've sold... am I a proper writer now?

kjs

Congrats people -- all you proper writers!

;)

Dan

Ahhhhh crap. Oh well. Well done everyone who's actually funny!

Quote: swerytd @ May 1 2008, 10:32 PM BST

Congrats people -- all you proper writers!

;)

Dan

I had a massive, massive interview this week so I displayed Berbatov-esque laziness and lack of effort towards pretty much everything else, but congratulations to all those who got something on.

I think overall it's been a decent series and hopefully it will come back for another one.

I shouldn't worry Stalin never made it as a standup. Then he became a dictator and killed all the comedians, except himself.

So there's hope yet.

Ooh the buggers!
I forgot to listen again.

I... sad sack that I am... recorded it for posterity.... my first ever broadcast credit... I have something to put on a CV...

Right... who else is looking for stuff...

kjs

That's not sad at all!
I would totally have done that.

Quote: Smithy @ May 1 2008, 7:59 PM BST

Well done! Which is your sketch?

Ours was the one that opened the show.

True, I recorded my first radio broadcast (it wasn't actually a sketch, but just me doing the comedy recommendations for "Serious about Comedy").

For those interested, my sketch was the very depressing Lib Dem Party Political. Seems somewhat out-of-date now that the results of the election have come in.

If anyone who heard the show wants to know which sketches were mine, feel free to PM me.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 2 2008, 11:02 AM BST

If anyone who heard the show wants to know which sketches were mine, feel free to PM me.

Oh, just tell us -- we all want to know!

Mine was the 'Dr Whom' sketch that three people and a dog laughed at last week. It got a massive laugh right in the middle, but that was clearly because of the way the performers were looking at each other. So I succeeded but failed in so many ways.

:)

I will post the unedited version in 'Critique' at some point. Just so you can all see that it works better on paper than acted out!

Dan

Audiences are scum generally, unless they're laughing at your stuff in which case they're great.

Saw a documentary on a freak show last year, where all the freaks had this coda,

"Stare all you want, you paid 5 bucks to stare at me, I can stare at you for free,"

Except for the man with no tongue, he kinda just slurped it.

But seriously audiences are fickle, you got it up there and that's what really counts.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am the least bitter it is possible to be cos, as you say, I got a credit!

I'm a bit more miffed this week as I sent stuff in on Sunday and got good feedback from the producer and then got nothing on. I'm not sure whether I'm annoyed I didn't get anything on, or ecstatic that it's obviously good enough to get on and I've got the style of the show, just not good enough for that week.

(Incidentally, sooty, the thing that was 'almost good enough' was based around The Last Summer Wino from the 'worst sitcom' thread!)

Dan

Hmm I never seemed to hit their style, I seem to do ok at stage stuff.

So guess I need to work on my radio stylings.