Tilt Page 4

I think it's thursday. 23.30

It better not be shit

I totally thought it was on today.

I am so on the ball, me.

Oh, it was that you had to send stuff in by today.

Quote: jdubya @ March 26, 2008, 12:16 AM

Sorry I didn't mean to be negative. I love the vibe here and there are some great people on the forums. Just a little frustrating. It'd be nice to be able to have a chat about who has sent stuff in to this show without having to wade through two and a half pages about the history of the word spam.

But then I suppose it wouldn't be the BSG forums would it.

Ideally I'd prefer threads to stay on track too - I know it is easier then for people who don't use the forums regularly to catch up. We did try enforcing the 'on topic' rule for a bit, but it stiffled the atmosphere and flow so I begrudgingly have over time accepted that people are going to start talking about their cats, orifices, evenings and other things within threads that are supposed to be dedicated to a topic.

As has been said above, if someone posts about the original topic again, things do often quickly get back on track, so yes, um... TILT:

Quote: Mark @ March 26, 2008, 1:11 AM

people are going to start talking about their cats, orifices, evenings and other things

Sorry to go off topic :D but how longdid it take you to think up that list? Pleased

Probably ingrained on his mind. Certainly the second of the items. By Christ, I think I'm scarred.

ANYWAY, yes, back to TILT, whatever it is. :)

Quote: zooo @ March 25, 2008, 3:40 PM

oakland was a spammer, before he got banned.

It means someone who bombards every thread with the same message, usually an advertisement for their own site.

Although why he thinks that makes a good advertisement, I don't know.

EXACTLY - so it isn't the case right? It doesn't take much working out when u think of how long it will take to switch windows or log out of here and back in to realise exactly who it is > who posted a short while later?

Not rocket science especially when u consider the motives/other posts on this site.

Like this site but now convinced the 'bad egg' is from here!

- and getting back on topic .

Displayimg some ignorance here so please clue me from the beginning -

Tilt is what exactly cos nothing googling? A sitcom? An avenue and opportunity for new writers?

Sort of got the idea it is an opportunity to get some ideas published but still (maybe dumbly) in the dark.

Gi's a clue!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/5842

Dan

Anyone else going to the recording tonight?

No. I'm in Manc. Be very interested in hearing what you think of it, though.

Quote: Nick Rivers @ March 26, 2008, 8:37 AM

Anyone else going to the recording tonight?

Can you write down every sketch so we see if we got anything in?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 26, 2008, 9:23 AM

Can you write down every sketch so we see if we got anything in?

Actually I only sent in seven words - one of those headlines they wanted. So better still, could you write down every word, Nick?

Thanks Dan

Has any one received an email saying if there stuff was accepted?

their* Unimpressed

Quote: sootyj @ March 26, 2008, 11:43 AM

Has any one received an email saying if there stuff was accepted?

No, but if they got about a million submissions on Tuesday at 3pm and have to put a show together for rehearsals today, I'm guessing they're spending all their time doing that!

With Parsons & Naylor it was 'late deadline and listen' to see if your stuff was on. The communication was much later on. And, judging by our experiences on Play & Record, actual payment was much, much later on! :)

Dan