Top Three US Sitcoms... Page 5

1. Seinfeld - Brilliant writing and situations
2. Cheers - Kick-started a new wave of sitcoms in the USA
3. Futurama - A huge range of different ideas which can be dealt in a range of different humorous ways.

Well, I love Lucy was the most important sitcom ever, but it was not my favorite.

Dick van Dyke Show. The brilliant writing of Carl Reiner and the amazing physical comedy of DvD.

WKRP in Cincinnati. Short-lived but absolutely hilarious (season 1 available on hulu).

I would say Cheers, but it has been mentioned a bunch so I will say Get Smart. Clever, timely (if only Mel Brooks would realize he can't revisit it!) a true product of time and place converging perfectly. Lest I forget, Buck Henry is genius.

Seinfeld, Larry Sanders and Frasier. And Bilko. Oh no. I been and gone and cheated and done four.

I just caught an episode of Night Court. That was very funny. Did it air in the UK?

Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Bob Newhart Show
The Larry Sanders Show

Futurama
Simpsons
Frasier

I'm a predictable lad.

1. The Simpsons (pre Season 10 though)
2. Arrested Development
3. Friends perhaps, although I find it pretty much unwatchable now. Has major nostalgic value, and Chandler value.

How I Met Your Mother at the moment.

Quote: dingo @ August 15 2008, 12:05 PM BST

I just caught an episode of Night Court. That was very funny. Did it air in the UK?

I'm on season 2 now. Great stuff. Not the best there is, but quite good nonetheless.

1. MASH

2. The Adaams Family

3. I Love Lucy

Hey, gotta go old school on this one.

-Erik

Quote: Erik @ September 9 2008, 8:03 PM BST

1. MASH

2. The Adaams Family

3. I Love Lucy

Hey, gotta go old school on this one.

-Erik

Addams Family? Interesting pick. Great show and all just an interesting pick. You don't hear that very often.

1. The Big Bang Theory
2. The Simpsons
3. Scrubs

'OPINION ONLY' from a Canadian:
1. Arrested Development
2. The Simpsons
3. Seinfeld

Am I the only person on the planet that thinks there should be a 24 hour Simpsons channel?

Bob Newhart (both shows)
Andy Griffith (first several seasons)
Alf
Sienfeld
Arrested Development

THE MOST DISGUSTING UNFUNNY SHOW EVER IS FRIENDS

Early Friends was very funny, subtley subversive and beautifully written.

Bewitched
The Munsters
The Addams Family