Top Three US Sitcoms... Page 3

I don't know what you mean Adam?

Quote: David Chapman @ February 22, 2007, 8:52 PM

I don't think the words "Friends" and "Comedy" should appear in the same sentence though.

Amen to that, well not unless it included the word shit in there somewhere

Frasier

Becker

1. Seinfeld
2. Hogan's Heroes (It seems to me that Allo' Allo' ripped off a fair few ideas from this one...)
3. Becker

And although theyre not sitcoms, Firefly and House also have some very funny moments in them, often a lot funnier than most sitcom jokes...

I don't know why people are having a go at Friends. It was better written than a lot of British sitcoms and had some good plots and funny lines, sure its not one of my faves and it doesnt make me laugh out loud on a regular basis, but its still a very successful sitcom. Its just a shame in the later series the characters became inconsistent and it kind of ruined what they'd already done in earlier series.

Newbie/ Yankee warning:

Top 3 US sitcoms at the moment...

South Park
Family Guy
and [drum roll]
30 Rock http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/shows/30_rock/

I find it extremely sad that 2 of my 3 repsonses are animated. But I hope you all fall in love with 30 Rock- it's seriously so great. It's one of the few redeeming shows the US has to offer to the world right now.

I've only watched the 1st episode of 30 rock, which was quite funny. I really like Alec Baldwin. What i'd really like is for some channel voer there to pick it up, maybe C4/E4 or ITV2 (as long as it wasn't moved around.)

Thought i'd add my top 3 in...

1) The Simpsons. Having grown up with it and quoted it constantly throughout my life it has to come tops!
2) Scrubs. The Janitor is fantastic
3) Malcolm in the Middle

Pirate - don't ask about the pirate...it just made me put it in!

Yarrrrr!

My top 3 USA shows have to be as follows:

1) Seinfeld - have them all on DVD so far and they are fantastic! :)
2) Sanford & Son - inspired by Galton and Simpson's Steptoe & Son.
3) Friends

Other than The Simpsons I don't have any other USA shows in my DVD collection.

:)

Never seen S&S. Don't think I've even seen it scheduled here.

Quote: Aaron @ June 9, 2007, 9:45 PM

Never seen S&S. Don't think I've even seen it scheduled here.

Me neither, I don't think it has been on British TV for some reason. I was browsing the net reading about Steptoe and Son after recieving the last DVD the other week and it mentioned in the notes about Sanford & Son so I got hold of a copy to see what I think.

Infact, I'm going to start a new thread in a moment in the Foreign forum about S&S...

Cool

1) The Simpsons - Hands down some of the greatest writing of any television show from any country in tv history. From season 3 to season 8 (and bits of series 9) the show was absolutely untouchable. F**k it that the start was shoddy and the shows since season 9 have been dodgy in the extreme, embrace some of the best stuff ever written. "Arnie Pie with..Arnie in the sky" Ha ha!

2) Seinfeld - Yes it went downhill when LD left but before then it was amazing.

3) Cheers - When it was on it was the greatest show in the world.

Frasier a very creditable 4th.

Arrested Development
Frasier
The Simpsons

#1. Arrested Development
#2. Family Guy
#3. Andy Barker P.I. (Lasted 6 episodes, but brilliant show)