DVD Bargains Page 60

Why aren't they called Low Streets?

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 1 2010, 1:50 AM BST

I don't do high streets !

;)

Nor do I.

Quote: David Carmon @ July 31 2010, 10:46 PM BST

If an item is faulty then they have a legal responsibility to either refund or replace it. No different than buying a new item from a shop, it has to be fit for purpose.

After two days, they offer a replacement, or something from the shop at the same price but not a refund. Which is fine, unless they don't have anything you want and you just want your money back.

Also, often, if you're buying a boxset, they can have a running time of more than two days alone, which makes the refund limit of two days a bit pointless.

Quote: miss jaffacake @ August 1 2010, 6:01 PM BST

After two days, they offer a replacement, or something from the shop at the same price but not a refund. Which is fine, unless they don't have anything you want and you just want your money back.

Also, often, if you're buying a boxset, they can have a running time of more than two days alone, which makes the refund limit of two days a bit pointless.

Legally if you wanted a full refund on a faulty item they have to. It's just company policy that they don't, but the law would make them.

Yeah. I challenged them over it. But short of finding a copper / taking them to court there wasn't much I could do, they point blank refused. And it was over a £5 DVD, so I figured I'd leave it and just find a replacement.

Network have a great sale on on their site this weekend. Up to 35% off some titles. I ordered far more than I can really afford earlier this morning.

http://www.networkdvd.net/

Quote: miss jaffacake @ August 5 2010, 9:45 PM BST

Yeah. I challenged them over it. But short of finding a copper / taking them to court there wasn't much I could do, they point blank refused. And it was over a £5 DVD, so I figured I'd leave it and just find a replacement.

That's how they get away with it because no one will report them lols.

If I hadn't done retail for years I probably wouldn't know anything and never complain :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 7 2010, 12:23 AM BST

Network have a great sale on on their site this weekend. Up to 35% off some titles. I ordered far more than I can really afford earlier this morning.

http://www.networkdvd.net/

Why did you have to mention that, now I'm going to look..........

What's CEX? Never heard of them.

Or is it one of those junk/exchange shops?

Quote: Chappers @ August 7 2010, 12:28 AM BST

In one Old Bean.

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 7 2010, 12:30 AM BST

In one Old Bean.

So basically second hand then.

Quote: David Carmon @ August 7 2010, 12:27 AM BST

I take that back, I've saved, or will save a few quid on the new Birds DVDs.

Or maybe not

Seems it can't be ordered yet :(

Bit pointless having it in the sale then really. Idiots.

The Prisoner for under £18, me wanty it.

Quote: David Carmon @ August 7 2010, 12:27 AM BST

Sorry. :(

Quote: Chappers @ August 7 2010, 12:34 AM BST

So basically second hand then.

I wouldn't call them 'sharp' but, if you have one near you, take a look at the staff.

Pleased

Quote: David Carmon @ August 7 2010, 12:42 AM BST

I take that back, I've saved, or will save a few quid on the new Birds DVDs.

Or maybe not

Seems it can't be ordered yet :(

Bit pointless having it in the sale then really. Idiots.

Yeah, for some reason they don't accept pre-orders on their own bloody site. Really missing out on a lot of custom there. And a little annoying that the 'discounted' prices show up on the non-purchasable items.

Quote: Chappers @ August 7 2010, 12:28 AM BST

It's a great chain of second-hand shops. I've got so many bargains in there I can't tell you.

Could be worse, at least I'm not a mug and getting them off Play.com, last time I checked the new Birds DVDs were quite dear.

Good few things on Network though, The Upper Hand being just one.