DVD Bargains Page 25

I quite like Rising Damp.

Quote: swerytd @ August 13 2009, 12:51 PM BST

The irony being that here's you and me in basically our own private thread that everyone else ignores talking about the massive DVD collections that keep us both happy...

Dan

Just to break the trend. :P

I'm watching this at the moment, but I thought this was pretty cheap. State Of Play.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 24 2009, 10:54 PM BST

I'm watching this at the moment, but I thought this was pretty cheap. State Of Play.

It's 4 quid in Tesco as well. Well worth a punt if anyone hasn't seen it. Although still not convinced by the ending. Not sure it rang true for me.

If you've got a Morrisons near-by I picked up 'Some Like It Hot' for £3.00. Though it might have been a local deal.

And while I'm at it what's the cheapest for a Blackadder box set? Is there anything beyond Amazon/Play?

£29.95. Cheapest place to get it on the web right now: http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/10034461.product

But who would do that when the complete, remastered box set with oodles of extras is only £5 more? Eh eh eh? :D

Netowrk's deal of the week is Second Thoughts Series 1, for £4.99.

That they're pushing it, particularly at that low a price, means one of two things:
a) They're deleting the title and want to clear stock.
b) They're getting read to release the rest (possibly with a reissue of that).

I'm guessing on B.

http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info.php?products_id=106

I would be so ecstatic if they did release series 2-5, it may happen with Lynda doing Strictly so who knows.

Was in Tesco today doing some shopping and I came across the fifth series of Keeping up Appearances for £6 (RRP £25, Internet £13). Not a good idea for me to buy it financially, so put it back on the shelf. However, on the way home from work I passed Tesco and couldn't resist going in and buying it.

Very good deal there Jack, bravo. :)

Was it in the bargain bouquet?

>_<

:D My work here is done. Wave

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 14 2009, 6:12 PM BST

Was it in the bargain bouquet?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Jam has finally been reduced from £25 or whatever it was before.

See Amazon product listing