DVD Bargains Page 21

Previously Virgin Megastores/Zavvi I think. Probably don't have a website as it's all to clear I believe.

Yeah, they've been formed by some of the Zavvi management and taken over about a dozen of Zavvi's stores, IIRC. When I heard about them a few weeks ago their web presence was limited to Wikipedia.

Yes, there are 8 stores in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Entertainment

Which I suppose could make it difficult for most to get to one. Originally (I think) the company was set up just to sell off the remainder of the of Zavvi's stock, I thought my Leeds branch would soon die out but it keeps getting new stuff in every week. I went in yesterday and the place was rammed with stock. They have taken another 25p of the 'Dad's Army' box set taking it down to £19.74.

Are there any other regulars here that has a store near them to back me up on this? I think just 20 of the usual BCGers would be enough to decimate a store.

I really need to find a branch.

We have one. :P Bristol is da bomb!

Alright, pick me up a box and I'll forward you the cash. Pleased

Ha!

Quote: Aaron @ June 13 2009, 2:58 PM BST

Alright, pick me up a box and I'll forward you the cash. Pleased

I'm sure something could be arranged if your serious?!

At least semi-serious, yes!

*ponders*

Quote: Aaron @ June 13 2009, 6:46 PM BST

At least semi-serious, yes!

*ponders*

Is it the Dad's Army for £19.74 you are pondering on?

I got one !

Wiki = Head = Merry Hill = Oldrocker's purchase ! :P

Stacked waist height they were !

:D

Usual crap BBC presentation tho' but at least they only take up half the space that the individual boxes do.

Quote: The Rook @ June 13 2009, 6:47 PM BST

Is it the Dad's Army for £19.74 you are pondering on?

Yup, it is.

Also would be interested to know the price of the big 21-disc Laurel & Hardy box set, if they have it.

Didn't see that Aaron

Big punts were DA, OFAH 1-7 and Monty Python plus other modern crap.

Must get to oneeee! *curses his lack of car*

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 13 2009, 8:37 PM BST

I got one !

Wiki = Head = Merry Hill = Oldrocker's purchase ! :P

Stacked waist height they were !

:D

Usual crap BBC presentation tho' but at least they only take up half the space that the individual boxes do.

Worth a look around was it not!

Quote: Aaron @ June 14 2009, 1:03 AM BST

Yup, it is.

Also would be interested to know the price of the big 21-disc Laurel & Hardy box set, if they have it.

When they had the L&H boxset it wasn't as cheap as Amazon.