Facebook Page 17

He comes with it when you open an account - as a guru for all your technical problems, etc

Tom knows all.

Facebook is addictive. D= I keep adding crappy applications, Scrabulous never gets old though.

The beard on your avatar seems to have grown since I last saw you Rachel

But should I get it?

Quote: Alan C @ June 19 2008, 5:35 PM BST

The beard on your avatar seems to have grown since I last saw you Rachel

I baste my chin in Miracle Gro every morning.

Myspazz is good for music at least, it's worth having one just to have one. Laughing out loud

Quote: Rachel @ June 19 2008, 5:39 PM BST

I baste my chin in Miracle Gro every morning.

Interesting, I shall get some for my head

Quote: Charly @ June 19 2008, 5:36 PM BST

But should I get it?

How old are you Charly? If you're above the age of 14 you'll probably find the majority of your friends have a Facebook page. Unless you hang out with the people who don't. In which case - decision made!

It's time-sapping anyway.

You can't hide Elliot - Aaron will still find you even with that new avatar

Ok, I am now a Facebook user. But now i'm panicking.
CAN ANYONE GET HOLD OF MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? I just clicked on the "account" button and it just came up with this page of my details! Who can read these?

Quote: Charly @ June 19 2008, 5:48 PM BST

Ok, I am now a Facebook user. But now i'm panicking.
CAN ANYONE GET HOLD OF MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? I just clicked on the "account" button and it just came up with this page of my details! Who can read these?

There is a tab dedicated to privacy. This allows you to restrict the settings of what people can and can't see. Go there.

Shh Alan, you'll spoil my plan! :P

Is it safe if it says "My networks and Friends", bearing in mind that I have none (on facebook)

Quote: Charly @ June 19 2008, 5:52 PM BST

Is it safe if it says "My networks and Friends", bearing in mind that I have none (on facebook)

Networks and Friends is probably good, then people from your school can see your details.

You protect them from the wider world. So yes, stick with that.

Thanks. Phew. Erm, just one thing: You do have an option to click "no" if someone tries to become your friend?

I haven't even tried yet Charly, jeez ;)

Quote: Charly @ June 19 2008, 5:56 PM BST

Thanks. Phew. Erm, just one thing: You do have an option to click "no" if someone tries to become your friend?

No. It's "Ignore", actually. ;)