Facebook Page 10

Quote: Gluben @ April 7 2008, 8:59 PM BST

It's easier than texting because it's free and you can type more. Why don't I phone, you may well ask. Well, I'm not very good on the phone, even with people I know. I hate calling someone or being called because you have little time to think if someone asks you to do something - it's a very on-the-spot, snap decision thing. I suppose I'm a procrastinator and prefer the one-sidedness of Facebook where you have time to type out something clear and coherent.

There's this wonderful thing, it's only been around for 40-odd years, so you might not have heard about it before, but it's called "e-mail". Worth looking into, as it could actually be quite big one day.

Quote: Aaron @ April 7 2008, 9:11 PM BST

There's this wonderful thing, it's only been around for 40-odd years, so you might not have heard about it before, but it's called "e-mail". Worth looking into, as it could actually be quite big one day.

I still email people as well...

Haha, why use Facebook for that kind of correspondence then? E-mail's much nicer! :)

Quote: Aaron @ April 7 2008, 9:20 PM BST

Haha, why use Facebook for that kind of correspondence then? E-mail's much nicer! :)

Because everybody else close to me, apart from my family who don't have it, uses Facebook more than emails. Emails are just the same really, so I use them interchangeably where possible. But most of the time, it's Facebook because everybody else uses it.

But you could get them using e-mail?

I'm just being picky now.

Quote: Aaron @ April 7 2008, 9:43 PM BST

But you could get them using e-mail?

I'm just being picky now.

I could, but I won't. I'm not very good with persuasiveness, or arguments.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ April 7 2008, 7:01 PM BST

:O If I add you then another person will know what I look like! I'll never live it down! :O

you might be the new Ellie ;)

No paul! Stop it!

:D Easy enough to add me if you want too

I'm finding it easier to contact some of my friends via Facebook then their email address these days. I find it extremely annoying to send an email and get a response back a few days later when I could Facebook message someone and they respond that day.

Quote: Paul W @ April 7 2008, 10:11 PM BST

No paul! Stop it!

:D Easy enough to add me if you want too

Not as good as being known as the guy with a beer glass in his face. :)

Quote: Curt @ April 7 2008, 10:49 PM BST

I'm finding it easier to contact some of my friends via Facebook then their email address these days. I find it extremely annoying to send an email and get a response back a few days later when I could Facebook message someone and they respond that day.

We still use pigeons over here.
And for anyone who laughs because they're not technologically advanced - I say, go on then, build a fecking pigeon if you think you're so smart!

We don't really btw Curt :)

Quote: ian_w @ April 7 2008, 10:57 PM BST

We don't really btw Curt :)

Just large parcels eh?

Absolutely! :)

But I will say that one thing pigeons are still much better at than the internet is delivering large parcels.
Pigeons and extremist Muslims.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ April 7 2008, 7:01 PM BST

:O If I add you then another person will know what I look like! I'll never live it down! :O

I get around that myself by putting up Blythe pics. Sorry you disapoint you all but I'm not really 1ft high and made of plastic with "Made in China" stamped on my bum. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Rosco @ April 7 2008, 6:44 PM BST

I'm proud to say, I've never even been to Facebook!!!! I think I must be the only one left.

You are not alone!!!

Aaron, I think you know more about me than I do myself! :O

Quote: Paul W @ April 7 2008, 10:11 PM BST

No paul! Stop it!

That thought is even *more* worrying! Poor Ellie getting hassled-she can't help being lovely!