Compare The Good Life and Birds of a Feather Page 3

And the point of comparing these two sitcoms is..?

If you want a closer match for BOAF, I'd have thought The Liver Birds would be a better bet.. but then maybe that's too dim and distant for some of the younger folk here...

The Liver Birds was so bad I'm not sure it really classifies as a sitcom at all.

And there doesn't need to be a point. This is the sitcom discussion forum. That's point enough for my liking. :)

The Liver Birds was so good that much of its humour was ahead of its time. More than most sitcoms I know it deserves a re-run.

ahead of anybodys funny bone!

The liver birds was apparently wildly exiting for the time, bacause it was 2 girls living at home together. As societies morals listen, so does the concept of what is radical/funny.

It was pretty crap though

n.b. check out some classic Carter USM videos on Youtube, they pay homage to the greats of sitcom, and the musics pretty good (alright it sucks a bit, but it's rocky enough).

Quote: Jolanta Zofia Nowak @ February 26, 2008, 2:32 PM

The Liver Birds was so good that much of its humour was ahead of its time. More than most sitcoms I know it deserves a re-run.

It's on Paramount 2 every day.

Quote: Aaron @ February 26, 2008, 2:24 PM

The Liver Birds was so bad I'm not sure it really classifies as a sitcom at all.

And there doesn't need to be a point. This is the sitcom discussion forum. That's point enough for my liking. :)

Laughing out loud they should put that on the back of the boxset, you know like the warnings you get on cigarettes?

boxset??? of the liver birds??? NOOOOOO!!!??? there does not exist such a thing???

For some bizarre reason, series 2 was released but none of the rest. :S

And there I go, wasting my 13,000th post. D'oh! >_<

small mercies.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ February 24, 2008, 2:21 PM

Birds of a feather had too many many fat chavs in it.

That was only Pauline Quirke.

Quote: Jake How @ March 16, 2008, 4:10 PM

That was only Pauline Quirke.

Linda Robson was hardly a stick insect.

I'm a big fan of Birds of a Feather and a fan of Felicity Kendal. I loved her in "Solo" a fantasic comedy that has escaped well derserved topics (but don't won't to get in trouble again, that's for another thread).
My favourite episode of Birds of a Feather is mice and favourite episode of The Good Life is the Christmas one where Barbara sends the Christmas tree back because it a few centimetres small, a classic.

I suppose I could say my pisstake thread was a success running to 4 pages , Im a f**king comedian I am !

I wonder. Can a barely literate, banjo-arsed pecker shaker with no jokes or personality really be called a comedian?