Compare The Good Life and Birds of a Feather Page 2

I thought it was funny, but then it was of my generation. I also find Rick Mayall dying of a laxative overdose hilarious.

Birds of a Feather had it's monents, and the Good Life tries to do serious, when Richard Briers was going to beat up the vandals was pitiful.

Birds of a feather had too many many fat chavs in it.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ February 24, 2008, 2:21 PM

Birds of a feather had too many many fat chavs in it.

So does Romford, doesn't stop me driving there once a week, to throw chips at them. Highlight of my week that.

Granted The Good Life was a classic sitcom, with great setting, and top notch performances.

Quote: Griff @ February 24, 2008, 2:16 PM

Agreed, Birds of a Feather had an original premise.

But so did The Good Life, surely ?

See Sid James and Victor Spinetti in 1969's Two in Clover; two invoice clerks in a City insurance firm quit the rat race and buy a smallholding, Clover Farm, in the country, with the intention of being totally self-sufficient.

Forgiving my poor explanation, the only real difference between the two shows was that the Goods didn't move from Surbiton. And Two in Clover was funny, rather than just entertaining.

Yes but there's a finite number of good ideas in the world. I believe in Exodus, Moses moved the Isralites to a small office, and they were most unimpressed with his faux matiness, and bad dancing.

Quote: Griff @ February 24, 2008, 2:28 PM

Gosh I had no idea about this! Aaron you are quite extraordinary. I must check it out. Was it a sitcom or a movie ?

I saw Victor Spinetti doing a one-man show a while back. He is absolutely hilarious.

Sitcom. It ran for 14 episodes over two series', and is one of those rare gems of the period to have made it to DVD.

See Amazon product listing [p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/149938/-/Product.html]

Quote: Aaron @ February 23, 2008, 1:01 PM

No. Ab Fab is utter shite.

Nah. The first few series of Ab Fab were brilliant!

After what I've seen from the later series', I've never bothered trying to see earlier ones. Worth it though, you think?

Yes!!
Comedy genius.

Ahhh opinions, aint they great??

'' ab fab is utter shite''

''no, it's brilliant''

That is worth the visit to the forum on it's own!

its.

Birds of a Feather is very good but The Good Life is incredible.

If by incredible you mean as in the dictionary definition of the word ?, then ,hell yeah! :D

I always thought one of the jokes in Birds was the 3 leads all looked like they'd fallen out of the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down, been beaten with the ugly stick, run over by the ugly steam roller.

They were so dog rough, Prince Charles wouldn't have boned them.

How ever despite being so munting, only the fat one was supposed to be ugly. The other two saw more action than a Kazi in a curry house, infected with the Nora virus.

Laughing out loud