Empty (BBC2 Sitcom)

Here's a thread to discuss Empty - the new sitcom starring Gregor Fisher which starts on BBC Two not this Thursday but the one after (28th Feb).

Our guide to the show is here

The previews of this show are terrible so I'm not overly hopeful.

another sitcom by rab from consolevania and vG. can't wait :D

Another whimsical comedy on BBC Thursdays Are Funny - just what we were waiting for.

I rather enjoyed it. A few laugh out louds, good characters, and crucially accents not too thick. Nice programme. :)

No no no no no. It didn't work for me at all and I found myself turning over and watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles after ten minutes.

I liked it. It wasn't side-splittingly funny that's for sure but it benefited from having 2 fine actors, engaging characters and quite a nice gentle tone. I will watch it next week and am interested to see how it develops.

It was really funny and upbeat.

I think the jury is still out on this one.

Wasn't too bad at all, hoping it will get better with each episode tho.

I liked it too. Thought it was entertaining.

Dan

I couldn't watch all of it. I got bored. There's not enough in it. You could say it was...... empty!!

Ba boom tish!

Quote: Aaron @ February 29, 2008, 9:10 AM

I rather enjoyed it. A few laugh out louds, good characters, and crucially accents not too thick. Nice programme. :)

I didn't watch it, cos I assumed I wouldn't be able to understand him.

Aw, I could have 'supplied' you with a copy if you'd said.

(Of course, there's always iPlayer.)

Didn't impress me too much. Some good lines but, from a writers point of view, I can't believe they got away with so much exposition at the beginning: "So tell me why you do this job", "well, I've told you before but I'll just repeat it again." That was one of the first things you are told not to do. It just didn't get me interested in the characters, and there didn't seem to be a plot.