Who do you fancy? Page 886

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 1 2012, 2:20 PM GMT

Be better not to say it though, really! Lead by example, RC.

Look, I could purposefully lie about my opinions to try and score some mythical lefty feminism points, but why bother?

What's in it for me?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 1 2012, 2:25 PM GMT

Look, I could purposefully lie about my opinions to try and score some mythical lefty feminism points, but why bother?

What's in it for me?

A bag for life.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 1 2012, 2:19 PM GMT

Susan Boyle didn't. But nonetheless, being able to find one person that thinks you're attractive is one thing, having thousands of fans offering you free holidays and sexual congress is another.

I wasn't suggesting that nobody finds people attractive just because they are famous, but actually, more people being exposed to your existence is just statistically going to increase the amount of people who find you attractive.

What I was saying was that people are more prone to condemn perfectly ordinary looking people as absolutely hideous just because they are famous.

Quote: Harridan @ December 1 2012, 2:26 PM GMT

What I was saying was that people are more prone to condemn perfectly ordinary looking people as absolutely hideous just because they are famous.

You could be right about this point. Honestly, I think it works both ways. I still can't over those rumours that Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley were going at it.

If you were to take away the television paradigm, Christine would still be a hot chick whereas Adrian would be lucky to get a handjob from a blind Chinese prostitute.

This threads turned ugly again

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 1 2012, 2:26 PM GMT

A bag for life.

That's no bag, that's my wife...etc. ;)

Quote: lofthouse @ December 1 2012, 2:32 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 1 2012, 2:31 PM GMT

You could be right about this point. Honestly, I think it works both ways. I still can't over those rumours that Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley were going at it.

If you were to take away the television paradigm, Christine would still be a hot chick whereas Adrian would be lucky to get a handjob from a blind Chinese prostitute.

The implication being that only beautiful people ever have relationships and only with other beautiful people. Beer goggles don't account for all other relationships!

Quote: lofthouse @ December 1 2012, 2:32 PM GMT

And boring. Pattern: RC provokes, some people fall for it and start a serious discussion

I am tempted to make this thread an "on topic" only, as I'm sick of seeing the same argument about the definition of beauty every 5 pages.

The question is "Who do you fancy?" The "you" referring to anyone who chooses to reply with a post. It is not "Tell me who I fancy Renegade Carpark" or "Men are pigs for fancying attractive women".

I'll give you a clue: There is no right answer and neither side will convince each other, so give up now. Live life, and instead of deciding what beauty is, why not go out and have sex with it instead?

Cool

Quote: Lee @ December 1 2012, 2:35 PM GMT

I am tempted to make this thread an "on topic" only, as I'm sick of seeing the same argument about the definition of beauty every 5 pages.

The question is "Who do you fancy?" The "you" referring to anyone who chooses to reply with a post. It is not "Tell me who I fancy Renegade Carpark" or "Men are pigs for fancying attractive women".

I'll give you a clue: There is no right answer and neither side will convince each other, so give up now. Live life, and instead of deciding what beauty is, why not go out and have sex with it instead?

Cool

That

Sorry, boys, what was I thinking. Allow the pictures of bikini models to recommence.

Quote: Harridan @ December 1 2012, 2:38 PM GMT

pictures of bikini models

These are boring me as well

Quote: Harridan @ December 1 2012, 2:35 PM GMT

The implication being that only beautiful people ever have relationships and only with other beautiful people.

We all know the implications. Attractive people like to go out with other attractive people. As funny as Johnny Vegas is, if he wasn't doing stand up or appearing on television, he wouldn't get a tenth of the poon tang he's got.

When it comes to the ladies, money and power is only true aphrodisiac. Whenever you meet a group of really posh girlies, there's always a couple who look a bit 'off' and it's because their gorgeous model mothers married some ugly rich dude.

Quote: Lee @ December 1 2012, 2:35 PM GMT

Hey! I was specifically referenced by zooo and not once did I denegrate Miranda. I said she was really talented, but not for me. Pingl said he'd do it, I said fill yer boots.

I have been nothing but diplomatic, it's everyone else who's got a wasp up their wotsits.

Quote: Harridan @ December 1 2012, 2:38 PM GMT

Sorry, boys, what was I thinking. Allow the pictures of bikini models to recommence.

It's not an oppression of your views, it's me trying to keep the peace.

Quote: Lee @ December 1 2012, 2:43 PM GMT

It's not an oppression of your views, it's me trying to keep the peace.

I thought we'd been very civil.