Hello and suggestions

Hello I live in Canada and have never been to the UK, BUT I jump on any chance to watch a good British comedy whenever I can.
Unfortunately there are not very many new British comedies that make it to Canada, and if they do they are very poorly advertised. Lucky for me I stumbled across The IT Crowd which plays on "Tech TV" here in Canada and I love it! I just watched the full second season and I thought it was pure gold.
So my two questions are:
1) if any of you could recommend a few of your favorites?
2) I know this is supposed to be British Comedy but could you 'well informed folk' also recommend a few British non-comedies? I love "Life on Mars" as just one example.
I've looked at a few of the lists you've all made and have actually just started watching "Green Wing" because of it, so thank you.
Thanks in advance! This site is awesome.

Hello Curt - and welcome. :)

Got to love Mighty Boosh (bit surreal)
British non comedy - hmmm I'll have a think.

I'm sure others will have much more to say than me!

Welcome to the forum CVDL!

First of all, it's a series not a season!

Secondly, there are many various opinions on what we like and don't like so I'm saying nothing.

But I did love The IT crowd and I hope a 3rd series will be made.

Quote: Griff @ January 16, 2008, 5:19 PM

Peep Show, Peep Show, Peep Show, Peep Show...

He has a valid point.

Things to do:
1) Start calling seasons of shows "series of shows"
2) Find "Peep Show"
Check check

Quote: Curt @ January 16, 2008, 5:36 PM

Things to do:
1) Start calling seasons of shows "series of shows"
2) Find "Peep Show"
Check check

You'll do fine. Laughing out loud

Bitchin'!

Welcome. Etc.

I often enjoy Midsomer Murders. That has moments of comic excellence, but is largely drama, as the name would suggest. I'm more of a comedy-head than a drama-fan though.

Hello Wave

Hi & Welcome.

You look like a vampire. I dont like vampires they all want to eat me.
Still you seem a nice Canadian.

As said Welcome my friend. *Holds up cross"

Hello Curt and welcome. Can i smell garlic?

May I volunteer to be bitten first? Seeing as its Mr. Fielding.

I second Peep Show, and I also offer Torchwood. (It's a bit like a British Buffy.)

You neeeeeed to see The Young Ones. Hi!

Just finished watching the first episode of Torchwood. Cheesy but still a very fun show, I will be sure to continue watching.
And yes the icon I was using was not a picture of myself but of Noel Fielding (as Zooo pointed out) playing his goth character Richmond from the IT Crowd.
I'm still trying to find the first episode of Peep Show but was able to watch a few clips on Youtube and it looks very funny.
-I have corrected my icon confusion and put a picture taken of myself just before being ravaged by a raptor.

Aw. And you look so happy (and a bit like Adam Buxton...) before the being eaten.

(Yay for Torchwood!)

Hey! and yeah go for The Mighty Boosh and Green Wing...ooh and Black Books, as far as Im concerned

Hello Curt and welcome.

As you'll see from loads of threads here there just aren't that many good new British sitcoms. They're all a bit weird in a not funny way.

Watch the IT Crowd if yu get a chance though.