Doctor Who... Page 701

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2011, 10:30 AM BST

I'm sick of hearing about bloody Gaiman.

Sorry. My fault. :(

His screenwriting credits are terrible I suspect he also bakes a lousy souffle.

He's an amazing author who's works have been made into bad but lucrative screenplays.

If some one offered me 5 million dollars for Captain Shits his pants I'd say yes, even if he was going to be played by Matt Damon.

I think it'll be like the Richard Curtis episode again. We were all expecting something as amazing as The Boat That Rocked or the new Oxo adverts and we got some wank about about Van Gogh being a bit sad and lying down facedown on his bed a lot.

You are a misery why don't you go down the day centre for a bowl of thin soup and complaining about the youth of today.

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2011, 11:39 AM BST

I think it'll be like the Richard Curtis episode again. We were all expecting something as amazing as The Boat That Rocked or the new Oxo adverts and we got some wank about about Van Gogh being a bit sad and lying down facedown on his bed a lot.

...Mind you, that episode's generally regarded as being a good one. Not by me necessarily...

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 12 2011, 11:42 AM BST

...Mind you, that episode's generally regarded as being a good one.

:O

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2011, 11:44 AM BST

:O

It isn't it? Where's the Stott-meister when you need him? He's probably got the appreciation index on his person.

Did Richard Curtis direct the new Oxo adds?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 12 2011, 11:42 AM BST

...Mind you, that episode's generally regarded as being a good one. Not by me necessarily...

I see your :O chip and raise you two :O :O

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 12 2011, 10:49 AM BST

I feel your enthusiasm Sooty, but the wiki entry on him doesn't make me confident.

Oh, come on Godot. The section about his friendship with Tori Amos must have surely tipped the balance in his favour.

Quote: Rob H @ May 12 2011, 12:46 PM BST

Oh, come on Godot. The section about his friendship with Tori Amos must have surely tipped the balance in his favour.

He's also big mates with Jonathon Ross and has been to his house for dinner. I'm excited about Saturday.

Quote: sootyj @ May 12 2011, 11:42 AM BST

You are a misery .

If he constantly expects the worst then nothing can hurt Chip. Nothing can hurt him.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 12 2011, 11:47 AM BST

It isn't it? Where's the Stott-meister when you need him? He's probably got the appreciation index on his person.

It is, yes. Not amongst the usual crowd on this thread, no.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 12 2011, 1:10 PM BST

If he constantly expects the worst then nothing can hurt Chip. Nothing can hurt him.

Except himself

and therein lies all tragedy

Quote: Griff @ May 12 2011, 12:38 PM BST

Yes it was a classic. "Oxo - the stuff they give to homeless people" with a montage of Hugh Grant, Stephen Fry and Emma Thompson trying not to gag while working in a soup kitchen under Waterloo Bridge to the soundtrack of "Brief Encounter" re-imagined by Murray Gold.

:D Don't forget the helpline number at the end for those affected by the issues raised in the advert.

Hey Chip was your singles ad in Bizarre put in their "too bizarre for us page"?

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2011, 1:17 PM BST

:D Don't forget the helpline number at the end for those affected by the issues raised in the advert.

me neither, there were 3 of them.