Doctor Who... Page 445

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 24 2010, 8:25 PM BST

He needs a belt.

:D

Quote: chipolata @ April 24 2010, 8:22 PM BST

I notice that this Doctor does display a certain amount hubris. In the first episode he was bragging about all the aliens he's defeated. And this one he was talking about how you should never put him in a trap. I kind of hope that pride cometh before a fall because it'd be really entertaining to see him f**k up royally.

The end was actually the first time I've thought of him as the Doctor, he's been slightly poor so far (I mean the character, not Smith) in saving the day. 2nd episode he was going to kill a whale for no reason, last episode Daleks escape and Amy has to step in to stop the bomb, and even in this episode he didn't notice the statues were weeping angels until it was very late on. I hope he doesn't screw up any more, it's time he got his ass into gear to be honest.

Loved the TV bit, Moffat is obviously a fan of Ringu! I like how he's developed The Angels in this ep.

The penguin..?

Quote: zooo @ April 24 2010, 8:28 PM BST

The penguin..?

Laughing out loud

Unimpressed

Quote: Mickeza @ April 24 2010, 8:27 PM BST

The end was actually the first time I've thought of him as the Doctor, he's been slightly poor so far (I mean the character, not Smith) in saving the day. 2nd episode he was going to kill a whale for no reason, last episode Daleks escape and Amy has to step in to stop the bomb, and even in this episode he didn't notice the statues were weeping angels until it was very late on. I hope he doesn't screw up any more, it's time he got his ass into gear to be honest.

10th Doctor would never have made these mistakes... Unimpressed

Quote: zooo @ April 24 2010, 8:28 PM BST

The penguin..?

:D

Quote: Mickeza @ April 24 2010, 8:27 PM BST

The end was actually the first time I've thought of him as the Doctor, he's been slightly poor so far (I mean the character, not Smith) in saving the day. .

He did save the day in episode one though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 24 2010, 8:32 PM BST

He did save the day in episode one though.

He did, but he also turned up 10 years or so too late, and missed the fact prisoner zero escaped when he "closed" the crack, effectively leaving a 10 year old girl all alone in a house with a pretty dangerous criminal alien. I'm thoroughly enjoying the more fallible doctor though, but I do hope we see him kick some serious alien butt next week.

shhhh...don't mention that it's a bit odd that he didn't notice earlier that the statues didn't have two heads....

Quote: Nogget @ April 24 2010, 8:54 PM BST

shhhh...don't mention that it's a bit odd that he didn't notice earlier that the statues didn't have two heads....

Too late, he kind of already did. But then The Doctor did notice after a while, and mentioned that there was perhaps some sort of perception filter making them not notice. Plus it's very boring if any character knows everything and spots stuff straight away all the time.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 24 2010, 9:06 PM BST

there was perhaps some sort of perception filter making them not notice.

Oh you and your correct observations.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 24 2010, 9:06 PM BST

Too late, he kind of already did. But then The Doctor did notice after a while, and mentioned that there was perhaps some sort of perception filter making them not notice. Plus it's very boring if any character knows everything and spots stuff straight away all the time.

I agree, but these errors have been consistent with the Doctor so far in this series, he isn't the all knowing all conquering Doctor that Tennant became. There's definitely a conscious effort being made by Moffat in this respect.

Quote: Mickeza @ April 24 2010, 10:12 PM BST

I agree, but these errors have been consistent with the Doctor so far in this series, he isn't the all knowing all conquering Doctor that Tennant became. There's definitely a conscious effort being made by Moffat in this respect.

Seems like it, I think that's good, he has to be different from what came just before.

Quote: Mickeza @ April 24 2010, 10:12 PM BST

What, that he thinks he's great but he's actually a bit of a useless tit? If they develop this theme over the series it'd be fantastic. Genuinely subversive.