Doctor Who... Page 437

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 19 2010, 10:22 AM BST

He can't really do anger, can he?

Ooh, I thought he did it rather well at the end of The Beast Below. (No one Human talk to me today!!) and when he started smacking The Dalek around to make it reveal its true self.

worse, and worst, Matt Smith showed some limitations in his abilities. He can't really do anger, can he?

Old news, Lucas! Old news!

Quote: chipolata @ April 18 2010, 12:43 PM BST

I'm not sure Matt Smith has really stamped himself on the role yet. I kept thinking yesterday when The Doctor discovered Churchill had his own Daleks, that Tennant would have really gone balistic. Matt Smith didn't seem to convey the anger that he would have felt.

Smith is a little more understated at times than we've become used to from Tennants performance, this is true.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 19 2010, 10:23 AM BST

Ooh, I thought he did it rather well at the end of The Beast Below. (No one Human talk to me today!!) and when he started smacking The Dalek around to make it reveal its true self.

The Beast Below anger was a little more subtle. I think the problem with the Dalek story is that it didn't really build enough to justify the outburst.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 19 2010, 10:26 AM BST

Smith is a little more understated at times than we've become used to from Tennants performance, this is true.

Quote: chipolata @ April 18 2010, 1:29 PM BST

For me he didn't convey the anger. I'm not talking about shouty scenery chewing, but controlled fury. It wasn't there for me.

Quote: chipolata @ April 19 2010, 10:25 AM BST

Old news, Lucas! Old news!

Perhaps you should take the Kermode mantle, and I'll be Mayo!

The episode seemed to have been written more for the tenth doctor.

Actually, Gattis had a script that was ultimately not used for the last Tennant series, I wonder if this was in any way developed from that?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 19 2010, 10:29 AM BST

Perhaps you should take the Kermode mantle, and I'll be Mayo!

My hands are too small and my hair not quiffy enough.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 19 2010, 10:30 AM BST

Actually, Gattis had a script that was ultimately not used for the last Tennant series, I wonder if this was in any way developed from that?

Aw, maybe. It's a pity Gatiss wasn't given a horror story for his brief. He's much better at that kind of thing.

Anyway, back to 'The Moff' for the next couple of episodes. The maaaaain man!

Next week's looks good. Hopefully he can build on the mthology of one of the few genuinely great modern Doctor Who monsters.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ April 19 2010, 12:23 AM BST

Daleks are incredibly boring and annoying. That is all.

Snuh.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 19 2010, 9:51 AM BST

:D

I did think the actor playing Churchill was far too fat for the part.

I didn't notice he was fat. :D

On a separate note, it seems as if we have our first truly tabloid, rock n'roll Doctor!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2937475/Docs-new-love-is-undies-model.html

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 19 2010, 11:31 AM BST

On a separate note, it seems as if we have our first truly tabloid, rock n'roll Doctor!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2937475/Docs-new-love-is-undies-model.html

He looks a knob in that hat.

Quote: billwill @ April 19 2010, 4:38 AM BST

They did, the Daleks' Android said, something along the lines of "If I put them in a <something> Bubble" maybe we could get into space.

Ah well that's fair enough then. I didn't hear that.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 19 2010, 11:31 AM BST

Ew. I know I'm old fashioned in this, but I don't like to think of the Doctor having sex. (Yes, even Tennant). Either in the show or off screen. It's all wrong.
Can we just not be told? :)