Doctor Who... Page 341

Quote: Moonstone @ October 30 2009, 2:57 PM BST

Oh man, if we never saw the Daleks or the Cybermen again, what a disaster that would be!

Your being sarcastic right?
Because I would have no problem leaving them behind. To have to create an alternate universe JUUUUUST so you could bring them back into your story is super lame.

Quote: Curt @ October 30 2009, 2:58 PM BST

Your being sarcastic right?
Because I would have no problem leaving them behind. To have to create an alternate universe JUUUUUST so you could bring them back into your story is super lame.

:O

Curt, you CANNOT have Dr. Who without Daleks, now you're just being out of control and silly!

Quote: Moonstone @ October 30 2009, 3:00 PM BST

:O

Curt, you CANNOT have Dr. Who without Daleks, now you're just being out of control and silly!

He was talking bout Cybermen. Unimpressed

They need to make the Daleks like that first episode, Ecclestones one; make them seem threatening and scary. That was a great Dalek story, I've enjoyed most of the others since (let's just forget that Daleks in America one, shall we), but none have touched that one.

Quote: Curt @ October 30 2009, 2:53 PM BST

I want to see some new monsters. I read in an interview with Moffat that they were bringing back the Stone Angles. That's a good sign I think. There's no reason we can't have new and interesting villains besides the rehashed ones the Doctor beat 10 times over.

I liked those things in 'Fathers Day', they were fierce. Killed the Doctor as well technically.

More new bad ass villains please.

Quote: Gavin @ October 30 2009, 3:03 PM BST

More new bad ass villains please.

Yeah, they haven't really come up with any new, original baddies that you could see turning up again, becoming the new Daleks or Cybermen. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the stone angels if they do appear again though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 30 2009, 3:02 PM BST

They need to make the Daleks like that first episode, Ecclestones one; make them seem threatening and scary. That was a great Dalek story, I've enjoyed most of the others since (let's just forget that Daleks in America one, shall we), but none have touched that one.

Suffer from 'Alien' syndrome. Scariest Alien film is the first all in confined area. Same with Dalek in a small confined space they are awesome. But to many just is to much. Not enough tension.

The Sarah Jane ep yesterday was very good, I thought.

David Tennant's last recorded appearance as the Doc.

Quote: Gavin @ October 30 2009, 3:02 PM BST

Same sentiment though. The Sontarans could go though, that wouldn't be a problem.

Quote: Gavin @ October 30 2009, 3:02 PM BST

Yes as it was the Cybermen who were in the alternate universe.
It's ok to use old baddies once and a while.
The Adipose weren't bad. I wouldn't mind seeing them all grown up as a Doctor foe.
The Judoon were pretty cool I thought. I bet a good story could still be made out of them and their dubious laws.
If anything I would love for them to stop using the Slitheen. What a stupid bunch of monsters.

If they are going to bring back any other classic aliens I'd love to see more of the Sontaran. They're cool.

I'm hoping the Myrka will be brought out of retirement for a new battle against the Doctor.

Quote: Kenneth @ October 30 2009, 4:07 PM BST

I'm hoping the Myrka will be brought out of retirement for a new battle against the Doctor.

Only if the blokes from Rentaghost are free to reprise their role!

On Amazon (US) there's a review of Warriors of the Deep with a challenging drinking game:
Some Drinking games for Warriors of the Deep:
Drink whenever...
--Someone or something dies
--camera cuts to someone wearing too much make-up
--the flashy thing on the Silurian's head flashes
--you lament your purchase

I can't wait to see The Waters Of Mars. It has been described as ''the most grown-up episode of Doctor Who ever''. :O I thought Planet Of The Dead was okay when I first saw it, but now I think it's awful - possibly the worst episode of the new series (yes, I even prefer Fear Her! ;) ).

OK it is not easy for my to get my hands on stuff like this and take a lot of time and patients on my part to do SO I'd like to know this:
Is season 1 of the Sarah Jane Adventures worth getting my hands on?
Should I skip any of the seasons?
Thanks.