Doctor Who... Page 340

Quote: DaButt @ October 30 2009, 11:42 AM BST

I found some photos of the pinball machine:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/drwho/dr_who_pinball.htm

It does look quite fun. There's one for sale on eBay for $2,450, which is about the equivalent of buying the approximately 90 'classic' Who DVDs released so far.

Quote: DaButt @ October 30 2009, 11:42 AM BST

I found some photos of the pinball machine:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/drwho/dr_who_pinball.htm

Cool! That's the same one we used to have at my local hockey rink! Right beside the Double Dragon arcade machine in front of the Concession stand. :)
Now I want a Pogo.

It's being shown on a Sunday?! I wonder why?? Hopefully this one will be better than the last special, on the deseret planet. The trailer looks good.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 30 2009, 2:24 PM BST

It's being shown on a Sunday?! I wonder why?? Hopefully this one will be better than the last special, on the deseret planet. The trailer looks good.

I liked the last one - even the flying bus!

Quote: Moonstone @ October 30 2009, 2:37 PM BST

Then your a tasteless cretin.

Girl from EastEnders was quite hot though. IN a well it's all you're getting eye candy wise make the most of it kinda way. :P

Yea it made for a pretty lame episode and an even worse movie.

Quote: Moonstone @ October 30 2009, 2:37 PM BST

Oh, it was so BLAND. They're only making a few specials and that was the best they could muster? Must try harder.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 30 2009, 2:24 PM BST

It's airing on Monday night here, which is about 9am UK time. Poor Australia, always getting the shows so much later.

Quote: Curt @ October 30 2009, 2:41 PM BST

Yea it made for a pretty lame episode and an even worse movie.

Two poor ones in a row, that Cybermen Christmas one was hardly thrilling either. And the giant Cyberman thing at the end was just plain silly. Why can't the write a decent story for them?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 30 2009, 2:42 PM BST

Oh, it was so BLAND. They're only making a few specials and that was the best they could muster? Must try harder.

Can't complain, it could all be so much worse. I recently watched most of Colin Baker's time as the Doctor - and just as I was really starting to enjoy him (and even Peri) and able to see beyond that ridiculous cloak, along comes Bonnie Langford and everything was ruined.

Quote: Kenneth @ October 30 2009, 2:46 PM BST

Can't complain, it could all be so much worse. I recently watched most of Colin Baker's time as the Doctor - and just as I was really starting to enjoy him (and even Peri) and able to see beyond that ridiculous cloak, along comes Bonnie Langford and everything was ruined.

Ha, yeah. I do like Colin Bakers time though, possibly because I sort of half remember seeing some of them when they first went out. He deserved better stories, I liked his Doctor.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 30 2009, 2:43 PM BST

Two poor ones in a row, that Cybermen Christmas one was hardly thrilling either. And the giant Cyberman thing at the end was just plain silly. Why can't the write a decent story for them?

I think as a character they've expanded as far as they can. They need to evolve them a bit, and since they were so owned by Daleks there is a good excuse why the Cybermen are trying new avenues of "Upgrades" Grizzly experiments.

I want to see some new monsters. I read in an interview with Moffat that they were bringing back the Stone Angles. That's a good sign I think. There's no reason we can't have new and interesting villains besides the rehashed ones the Doctor beat 10 times over.

Quote: Curt @ October 30 2009, 2:53 PM BST

I want to see some new monsters. I read in an interview with Moffat that they were bringing back the Stone Angles. That's a good sign I think. There's no reason we can't have new and interesting villains besides the rehashed ones the Doctor beat 10 times over.

They're kind of running out of really recognisable old monsters too.

Oh man, if we never saw the Daleks or the Cybermen again, what a disaster that would be!