Doctor Who... Page 334

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2009, 12:58 PM BST

He never had to pretend to fancy Tate.

I don't think the new series has been awash with terrible scripts; some poor and middling, sure, but terrible is a bit of a stretch. Especially if your saying that terrible scripts are the norm now on Who.

Ok terrible dialogue

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2009, 1:02 PM BST

I actually thought she was great, probably the best regular companion since it returned. If she was just an actress, and not that sketch show woman, I imagine more people would have warmed to her; the trouble is she came with a lot of baggage and people who actively disliked her because of her comedy show.

Plus she's a ginger.

Quote: chipolata @ October 1 2009, 1:05 PM BST

Plus she's a ginger.

*Shudders*

Quote: sootyj @ October 1 2009, 12:53 PM BST

You are so wrong, you could drop the R and open a Chinese takeaway.

Come on now Sooty you don't really believe that, I know you were just looking for a chance to use that joke.

Quote: Gavin @ October 1 2009, 12:35 PM BST

Wrong. So wrong I might need to visit the angry dome.

Laughing out loud

Welcome back Gav!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2009, 1:02 PM BST

I actually thought she was great, probably the best regular companion since it returned. If she was just an actress, and not that sketch show woman, I imagine more people would have warmed to her; the trouble is she came with a lot of baggage and people who actively disliked her because of her comedy show.

I agree. She was the best companion by a mile in the new series.

Quote: Curt @ October 1 2009, 1:13 PM BST

Come on now Sooty you don't really believe that, I know you were just looking for a chance to use that joke.

Ecclestone's run I can watch over and over.

Some of Tennat's. But over all he suffers from a kind of weakness, mainly he's playing a much weaker version of the Dr. As an actor he's every bit Ecclestone's equal, check out Taking over the Assylum his first big role as a hyper manic radio DJ.

But this annoying, almost retarded Dr character is at times horrid.

Quote: Moonstone @ October 1 2009, 1:35 PM BST

I agree. She was the best companion by a mile in the new series.

She's brilliant - the character and Catherine Tate herself. I'm really excited about her return in the upcoming specials. :)

It'll be interesting to see how the final two parter is handled; it seesm like a lot of old faces are coming back yet again, like last series final episode, and I'm a bit wary about how R.T.D is going to use them, to be honest. Hopefully it'll turn out great, and not a pointless retread of that previous story.

The radio series on BBC7 is worth a listen. Paul McGann is a genuine 'Doctor', and although it is clearly limited by a lack of visuals, it benefits from not having any of the awfulness which the TV series sometimes dishes us up.

I've listened to some of his audio adventures, they can be pretty good. I'd still like to see his Doctor pop up in the TV show at some point in a multi Doctor story; that would be pretty darn cool. He deserves another run out in the TV show I think.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 2 2009, 4:17 PM BST

It'll be interesting to see how the final two parter is handled; it seesm like a lot of old faces are coming back yet again, like last series final episode, and I'm a bit wary about how R.T.D is going to use them, to be honest. Hopefully it'll turn out great, and not a pointless retread of that previous story.

Only Bernard Cribbins and Catherine Tate (and John Simm, obviously) are returning ''properly''. Appearances of other recurring characters are cameos only, I think!

Quote: drZee @ October 2 2009, 5:26 PM BST

Only Bernard Cribbins and Catherine Tate (and John Simm, obviously) are returning ''properly''. Appearances of other recurring characters are cameos only, I think!

That's what I'm hoping. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Captain Jack turns up for more than a cameo.

Which episode features a giant devil man in chains? I have to ask the wider world cos zooo didn't answer me.

Quote: Moonstone @ October 2 2009, 5:50 PM BST

Which episode features a giant devil man in chains? I have to ask the wider world cos zooo didn't answer me.

The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit. Really like that one.

Thank you Matthew, appreciate it. Woohoo! Didn't even reaslise I'd missed one but this is grand news (if I can find somewhere to watch it!)

Hang on - it's TWO eps?? Ohhhhhh yes!