Doctor Who... Page 1,121

Help.

Richard E Grant would have been a great doctor

It was fun and energetic, but not enough peril for me. Although I did like that it ended like a Fast and Furious movie, with everyone sitting around a table eating and talking about the importance of family. So much so I expected Vin Diesel to get a phonecall from Brian saying he was on the way but wouldn't get there until the credits were over.

Can I just say what a load of woke bollocks it is. Thank you.

No, there's another thread specifically for you lot. Go and witter on about it there.

It was absolutely perfect! As if RTD had a look inside my brain and wrote everything I wanted to happen. Sometimes everything doesn't have to have a sad, tragic ending. F**king give us some happiness for once.
Aside from all the people the Toymaker killed, but meh, who cares about them.
I want to watch it again already.

Quote: zooo @ 10th December 2023, 8:37 AM

No, there's another thread specifically for you lot. Go and witter on about it there.

It was absolutely perfect! As if RTD had a look inside my brain and wrote everything I wanted to happen. Sometimes everything doesn't have to have a sad, tragic ending. F**king give us some happiness for once.
Aside from all the people the Toymaker killed, but meh, who cares about them.

I want major characters dying, zooo. Who cares about normal people dying? I want tragedy and misery that leaves you feeling broken.

Quote: chipolata @ 10th December 2023, 8:50 AM

I want major characters dying, zooo. Who cares about normal people dying? I want tragedy and misery that leaves you feeling broken.

In this economy?
The tragedy and misery of knowing that Wilf wasn't really just off camera 'shooting moles' was quite enough!

I liked it. Not as good as episode 2, but much better than the first.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th December 2023, 1:20 PM

Last of the three part specials tonight
It's another goodbye from Tennant as the Doctor again

POSSIBLE SPOILERS
From how it ended, it seems they're keeping it open for him coming back again at some point, To be fair, Tennant's always been very good in the role, so I've got no problem with that, even if the whole bi-generation thing was a bit confusing/naff. And it's a bit unfair on Ncuti if they're keeping Tennant as a 'spare' or something! Or maybe bring back Torchwood as a side-series and have Tennant helping out there...?

Yes It surprised me , but I only posted that in to Bump up the actual Doctor Who thread rather than the ranty one
But he didn't really say goodbye, they just Multiversed the Doctor a bit.
So we didn't have to hear him say"I don't want to go" for a third time
Why not
They've just rebooted the reboot a bit

I quite liked the Christmas special - Ncuti Gatwa seems to have a good manic energy for the role, and I liked the new companion. Didn't care for the bit when it turned into a musical, which was naff, but I can overlook that as a bit of OTT Christmas daftness!

Ncuti looks quite interesting as the doctor, although I think Doctor Who Christmas specials are notoriously a bit daft, and this one was no exception.

Agreed.
I know they want the big audience but it's a bit of a hospital pass trying to establish a new Who in an Xmas special.
Having said that he's very endearing - but it's hard to tell what kind of Doctor they have written for him in such a silly episode.
The companion is good.

David Tennant's first episode was a Christmas one!
And just like with him I was in love with Ncuti's doctor by the end of the hour.

Exterminate, exterminate. Oh, boy. Oh, boy!
That was my hippie Dalek. Good, isn't it?

Like Tennant's original first full ep, I liked this well enough and really enthusiastic about what's to come with Ncuti Gatwa (and Millie Gibson), but prefer when they're introduced fully in an episode 1 of a series, like Eccleston, Smith, Capaldi, and Whittaker were.
Gets them hitting the ground running and thrown into a series long storyline/arc to get their teeth into (that said, they have already planted a few story arc seeds here (Ruby's parentage, and whoever Mrs Flood is + someone pointed out the middle rocker/hippy lady in the club early this episode was also in another special, the woman talking to Isaac Newton, maybe she's something too!).

One of my favourite introductions was Smith's he utterly owned the Doctor role within minutes of his episode, as did Karen Gillan as Amy, IMO.