Extras Christmas Special Page 10

Quote: Aaron @ December 29, 2007, 9:42 PM

If we're going to criticise something because it's been done before, then the whole of The Office is shit. I mean, person A saying something which makes everyone else feel awkward, but person A doesn't notice anything themselves, is hardly ground breaking shit, is it?

And because it took the idea from Spinal Tap. Yes.

Everything has been done before, every joke, every pun, every plot - it's all been done before in some way or another...it may have been tweaked, but essentially its a rehash. And does this really matter in the scheme of things - if something makes us laugh, its funny - whether its the 1st or 30th time we've heard it, it can still be funny. I can watch the Andre Previn sketch from Morecambe and Wise every day and it will still be funny. I can watch my favourite episode of a particular sitcom every day and it will still be funny. Now, if someone takes a joke (that is funny) and puts it in a new, unexpected situation, the fact that its been done before is not relevant because it will still be funny.

So, I am agreeing with you Aaron - but be fortunate I decided to ignore the "Gervais is a cock" comment, or I could've had a proper rant there!

Stop making me think of Gervais's cock.

I won't get anything done...

Quote: charisma @ December 29, 2007, 10:29 PM

So, I am agreeing with you Aaron - but be fortunate I decided to ignore the "Gervais is a cock" comment, or I could've had a proper rant there!

Just summarising what other people have said! I've not really paid enough attention to him or his work to comment on it personally.

I disagree that we shouldn't look into the smaller details and smaller gags, surely that's what a lot of us who are writers or those who criticise other writers work on this forum do all the time? It would be no interest to your average, casual viewer but speaking for myself being a "comedy-nerd" so to speak and an aspiring writer I like to look in to all the details that make something great, good or bad, so I see no problem with people discussing the very tiniest of gags to the biggest of gags.

No, indeed, but to enter into such heated debate about it? Seriously?

Can we not all be simple & just offer up our opinion on wether we enjoyed the f**king programme or not.

\o/

I did. Well done SM & RG. Yet again. Keep going till you have milked us all dry!

Quote: Leevil @ December 30, 2007, 12:38 AM

\o/

Laughing out loud
What does that mean. Is it a Middle Eastern symbol for a lobbed off head.

Quote: Charley @ December 30, 2007, 12:40 AM

I did. Well done SM & RG. Yet again. Keep going till you have milked us all dry!

Laughing out loud

Isn't that bitty in Little Britain?

\O/

\ o /

Why wont it do a backslash?

Quote: David Chapman @ December 30, 2007, 12:40 AM

Isn't that bitty in Little Britain?

I changed it as you wrote it. Nananananana! :P

Quote: Charley @ December 30, 2007, 12:40 AM

Laughing out loud
What does that mean. Is it a Middle Eastern symbol for a lobbed off head.

Or a saggy breast? (I saw you change that!)

Quote: David Chapman @ December 30, 2007, 12:42 AM

Or a saggy breast? (I saw you change that!)

Dont tell on me will you Mister. I will sit on your knee>

Quote: Leevil @ December 30, 2007, 12:41 AM

\O/

\ o /

A weird little quirk. I'll sort it out ... Well I'll forget to do it later, so I'll do it now instead. 'angon.

Quote: Leevil @ December 30, 2007, 12:41 AM

\O/

\ o /

Cos it makes your trousers all wet.