British Comedy Awards 2006 Page 2

Well, they're both about equally annoying...

I like both of them!

They seem annoying at first, but if you look past that you can discover the inherent loveliness.

Yes.

I dont think Brand comes across as a 'dick' though, he may come across loud and out going but thats the character he plays on television, his radio show is more relaxed and genuinely funny and he seems a very witty and intelligent man. Shame Channel 4 cant see that and keep giving him shitty formats to work with.

Comedy awards we're pretty much shit though, Star Stories..Charlotte Church no defence for giving them awards its just ridiculous....and Stephen Merchant is the best this country has to offer in comedic actors...that is a sorry sight.

Peep Show and Harry Hill winning were the only good things.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ December 16, 2006, 11:05 PM

I dont think Brand comes across as a 'dick' though,

nah he does, most people don't like him before they listen to him but i watched his show last night and it was pretty shit, intelligent? then why is he interviewing jade goody? i guess he makes the best of a bad situation

I like his show on MTV, and his one on Radio 2. I really only used to watch him for Big Brother's Big Mouth, and i didn't even watch BB.

Russell Brands alright. Never seen any stand up from him so can't comment on that. I cant watch to much of him tho. He hurts my head after a while.
As for Charlotte Church winning a comedy award all i can say is ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.

Charlotte church winning a comedy award considering the fact shes not funny is a deep insult to alot of women in comedy and alot of women who are trying to get somewhere in comedy, i watched her show last night and it was f**king dogshit i mean i gave it a chance but f**k me it was poor, i say again it was an insult to comedy that she can even be considered for any kind of comedy award

Quote: dyingtolive @ December 23, 2006, 12:08 PM

nah he does, most people don't like him before they listen to him but i watched his show last night and it was pretty shit, intelligent? then why is he interviewing jade goody? i guess he makes the best of a bad situation

Well if most people don't like him before they've even listened to him how is that fair. That means your making assumptions based on what you've heard from other people or what you've read in the papers probably..therefore hold no real opinion. Yeah his show last night was/is shit...thats what I said in my previous post..it's not his fault that Channel 4 keep giving him shitty formats to work with and poor guests...listen to his Radio 2 Show tonight at 9pm...that is when Russell is at his best.

Never seen his stand up, or heard his radio show, but Brands show on channel four is crap. Didnt like the '. .got issues show' on e4 either; maybe he just hasnt found the right TV vehicle yet.

Maybe Rod Stweart should have thumped him when he got the chance.

They're all just jealous of his hair..

as a stand up i don't rate him, but as a presenter i think he is o.k, he can be a bit annoying, scrap that he is f**king annoying

Just his appearance annoys me. Buy a f**king shaver, man!

I think he looks like a cross between Brian May, and a Tumour.

Quote: Aaron @ December 23, 2006, 5:50 PM

Just his appearance annoys me. Buy a f**king shaver, man!

Nothing wrong with stubble or a beard; have to say that seems like a bit of an odd complaint! This aint the fifties! Men, let your face fur run free!!